Family Reunions

I let out a little yelp as I realized it was Blood Lust standing before me.

"I have to admit, I didn't expect you to make it this far," he said as he straightened to his full height once again.

"Where's my mother," I practically spat at him.

He smirked and stepped to the side, allowing me a full view of the woman tied to a chair in the corner. Her mouth was gagged and her eyes were sad as she looked at me.

"Mom," My voice cracked as I tried once again to escape. The grip on my arms tightened and I snapped my head back to see it was the Golden Bullet who was keeping me in place.

I growled in frustration before my body slackened in defeat.

I glanced at Swift and was surprised to see that no one was holding him in place.

He was just laying on the carpeted floor, trying to push himself up on shaking arms.

I noticed Blood Lust was also watching this display with interest.

Once Swift had somehow managed to stand again, he backed up and leaned against the wall for support.

Blood Lust smiled, "So nice to see you again, Victor."

Swift, as well as myself stared at the man in confusion.

"How do you-" Victor replied weakly.

"Know your name?" Blood finished his sentence for him, "Well I'd at least hope I could remember the name I gave you."

Victor froze, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't you ever wonder about where your powers came from? They say they're genetic, but I don't recall either of your parents having them," Blood smirked, "Of course, they weren't really your parents now, were they?"

Victor's eyes grew wider, "No."

"I'm afraid it cannot be changed, son."

Swift slid down the wall and looked distantly off to the ground, "No," his voice was weak.

"Denial won't change the facts, Victor. My blood runs through your veins, as it does your brother's," he gestured towards the Golden Bullet.

Victor turned watery eyes towards the man who was holding me captive. I tried to meet his eyes, but he refused to look at me.

"My father's dead," Victor protested weakly, "I saw it happen. A bullet right through his chest."

"That wasn't your father. Nor was she your mother," Blood told him, "I'm your true father."

Victor's eyes snapped up to him, then to the Golden Bullet, "So who is he then? Outside the suit?"

I felt one of his hands release from my shoulder, and I looked back to see him removing his mask.

My eyes widened in horror as I realized who he was.

"I'm Alec," he said, "Alec Fremont."

My jaw hung down in shock when I realized I went to school with this monster.

Alec looked down at me with a smirk, "What's the matter, cupcake?" he spat back the words I'd used when I held him hostage in the gymnasium, "Weren't expecting to see me?"

"No," I said, still thoroughly confused, "I wasn't."

I turned back to Swift, who had already turned back to... to his father.

"And what about you?" he asked, "Who are you?"

Blood removed his own mask now, and I was able to see the resemblance between the three. All had the same blond hair and grey eyes, which led me to wonder what their mother looked like.

"My name's Vince, or Vincent if you'd prefer, and for the sake of secrecy," he turned his eyes on me, "I won't tell you my last name."

Blood smirked at the boys before slipping his mask back into place. Alec did the same.

"Not that I don't love all this touchy-feely crap," Blood sighed, "But we really should get this show on the road."

He walked over to me, clutched my jaw tightly, and roughly turned my head to the side. He then pulled the earpiece out of my ear and stuck it in his own.

"Hey Blue, guess who?" he practically sang into the earpiece, "I've got your daughter and your wife, but I only really want your life. So if you want to come and play, meet me on the roof without delay."

With that, he took the earpiece out of his ear and crushed it between his fingertips, creating an ear splitting ring on all receiving ends.

He looked rather bored now, and with a single glance at each of us, he let out an exaggerated sigh. Waving his hand, Swift let out a strangled choking noise as he was forced to walk forward.

"Sorry, son, but I can't trust you yet."

With that, he zip tied Swift's hands and feet together and let him drop to the floor.

He moved to do the same to me but I spit in his face. He flinched slightly and wiped it away.

He then flicked his wrist and I cried out in pain as my blood pressed against my veins. Gold let go of me and I moved forward ever so slightly before collapsing onto the ground. Unable to resist, Blood quickly zip tied my hands and feet together before teleporting up to the roof.

I rolled over and looked up at Gold, who now stood watch by the door.

"Shit," I muttered as I returned my gaze to the ceiling.

"Shit." the muffled voice of my gagged mother agreed.

^

^

^

^

Hey guys! Another few shocking twists thrown out in the air for you! How do you think Johanna's going to get out of this one? Is Swift going to change sides? What will happen on the roof? Stay tuned for the answers! Happy reading!