Chapter Three

A/N: This is where we start skipping time. I'll try making it drawn out as much as possible so it doesn't feel like one huge time skip. The next few chapters will pass quite a few chunks of time though.

Anyways please let me know what you think as usual! Enjoy

Chapter Three

It had been six months since my mother had told me about my secret powers. She had taught me easy spells and tricks, but lately they were getting a little trickier.

"Come on Ophelia! Focus, you can do this!" She exclaimed.

I looked at the injured squirrel and I hovered my hand over its wound focusing on healing it. I imagined the squirrel healthy and scurrying off into the trees and just like that the image came true.

I smiled proudly.

"You did it! See I knew you could do it!" My mother excitedly hugged me.

I learned how to read auras pretty quickly and controlling the elements was not as hard as I expected either. What was hard was reviving or healing things. I had to imagine them without their wound and living normally. Plants were easier than animals but I had finally done it today.

We were still living in the forest. It was dangerous but it was worse to be around humans.

We had found a huge tree that had an abundance of energy and my mother had created a beautiful little tree house. I know it sounds silly and kiddy but it was actually pretty nice. My mother and father lived together in one hut while I was by myself. It was high up in the trees so you couldn't see it unless you looked straight up but my mother had cast a spell to be safe, so only we could see it.

I had started running more and more often with my dad so I could be faster. Since we weren't in a pack anymore, I needed to prepare to either fight or flight. Recently, I was starting to be quicker and quicker, which eased some of my anxiety.

We also had started combat training last week so I still needed practice with that. I'd had a few lessons with Arion learning how to defend myself already, but we never went into anything besides self defense.

"Alright that's it for today. Your father will be waiting if you don't hurry up now." She said giving me a smile.

"Okay, I'm going to go change." I switched into more comfortable and flexible clothes for our combat training. And as I slipped on my shorts a heard growls. Confused I looked out of my window and down to the ground.

I saw my father in wolf form growling at a few feral rogues. There were about five of them and my mother was right next to him growling just like him. Next thing I see is that the rogues lunged at them.

I was frozen in place and watching everything unfold. My father jumped out of the way from the black wolf only to be bitten and brought down by a grey wolf he yelled out in pain and my mother rammed into the grey wolf suddenly the wolves started crying out, whining and submitting.

Finally, I realized my mother was causing them pain, mentally. One of them started lashing out badly and then all of a sudden I heard a gun shot go off. I looked around terrified and confused.

I smelled the mixture of blood and.. Silver. The hairs on the back of my neck rose and that was enough to break my frozen trance. I ran down to my parents. I looked in every direction trying to find the shooter and was left only to find my mother dead and covered in blood. She then transformed into her human form.

The rogues had stopped whining and jumped on my father the first chance they got. He had tried to dodge them but his yelps of pain filled the air and then the unexpected happen they all fell to the ground whining again.