Chapter Five

A/N: Enjoy!

Chapter Five

It had been the next day and I was yet to be disturbed by anyone else.

I was going into town to see Aeden today, but something was telling me I shouldn't. I don't know, if it was because I was scared of being found out in the woods or because I was slightly anxious to see Aeden again.

Whatever the reason was, I ignored it.

I had worn high waisted jeans with a small crop top. I had my knitted cardigan over it loosely just so I didn't seem too out of character. I was supposed to feel at least somewhat chilly, right?

I walked slowly as I was closer to the bookstore. Once I reached my destination I hadn't seen Aeden. We didn't say what time we would meet but maybe he thought a little later.

I went ahead and did some research on the spells that I was going to do yesterday. I kept checking the time almost every five minutes but soon five turned into ten and ten turned into 30.

I had been here for four hours and he wasn't here. I finished my work and decided to look through the aisles of books. None really caught my attention. I was in the supernatural section hoping to find a random spell book or so. This bookstore was much more mainstream than local so I wasn't expecting to find anything until I saw it.

The similar spine and hard cover, I opened it and the same hand writing. I had found a second spell book. It must've been from the same person. As I read it though I realized these were the same spells but different ingredients.

Now it finally clicked. Some of the spells hadn't worked, because it only showed half of the ingredients. I could now do so much more as I had both the books.

Unless, this person wrote more than two books, I thought.

I checked over the section of books once again and figured if he, or she, had written another one it wouldn't be in the same store. They were smart; they wouldn't put all the books in one location for someone to easily find.

I had waited another hour but Aeden never showed.

I sighed, looking down as I walked. I had already gotten attached to him and now it was affecting me. I walked sluggishly back home distracted of the idea of why Aeden hadn't came to see me.

I reached the tree my hut was built on and sat at the root of it. I pushed the thoughts of Aeden to the back of my mind and read the spells over. I had majority of the ingredients I needed for these spells. Now I just needed a few random things here and there.

"O?" I heard Aeden say.

I froze. I had been masking my scent since yesterday just in case Blair or Rebecca would show up again.

I looked up and there he was in his six foot something glory. I looked at him confused.
"Aeden? What are you doing here?"

"I.. I was running. I like to run through the woods a lot and see all the scenery." He explained, a little too smoothly. "The real question is what are you doing here?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well I was planning on spending my day with a certain someone at a certain bookstore but they just happen to not show up." He looked slightly guilty but hid it quickly. "So I went to the second best place. Here. I like being around nature especially when I read." I said holding up my book.

"I'm sorry I didn't go. I had to do something and I had no time to tell you, but you shouldn't be out here by yourself. It dangerous." He said.

I raised an eyebrow. "I've been coming here for months, there hasn't been any danger yet, so I think I'll be fine."