Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I woke up to the sound of yelling. Specifically my father was accusing Adam Bradshaw, the leader of the defenders that had gone yesterday to fight off the rouges, that he let my brother die purposefully. He said it was Adam's revenge for my mother supposedly killing his wife.

I ran outside of my room, to the dispute that was taking place in the kitchen. I could tell both of them looked very heated.

"It wasn't my fault that your son got cocky thinking he could take on two rouges! He walked right into that trap himself!" Adam yelled.

My father quickly tackled him and I immediately gasped.

They both were wrestling each other then my dad had straddled Adam and gripped his throat but Mr. Bradshaw slipped out of his hold. He flipped over and he was now on top of my dad and he punched him twice before once again my father took the lead.

He grasped his head and banged it into the wooden floor. Blow after blow, finally Alpha Samuel ordered, "Enough! Both of you stop it now or be sent to the cells!"

They both stopped immediately and stood up obeying his command.

"There has been a feud between the both of you for years and I want it gone. You both will settle it with a duel and the one that doesn't win will be banished along with his family and to have never return. Understood?" He raised his voice at them. And they both nodded their heads.

I had an uneasy feeling and all I wanted was to be with my mate. I didn't even know his name I just know he was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen.

-

I tried looking around for him but I couldn't find him anywhere. I wanted to at least tell him what was happening before he might never see me again.

I sighed asking a few people if they had seen him anywhere but nobody knew who I was even talking about.

Surely that couldn't have been a dream. It felt so real. I knew it was real. He couldn't have just randomly showed up and then disappear later. I went back to my room disappointed and tears welled up in my eyes. God I needed to stop crying.

I gave up hope when it was close to the time of the duel.

I know my father was a good fighter, it explained why my brother was one of the best ones, but I was still terrified of my father losing. Mr. Bradshaw is the leader of the defenders so of course he was better prepared for this fight.

Him losing meant that my mother and I would had to leave with my father, and I felt like he was being selfish because he was risking our lives too.

I, of course, would never voice these opinions about him but I couldn't help but think that. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that did so.

Alpha Samuel had started off the duel ceremony with explaining the rules.

The duel rules consisted of 3 different ones:
No weapons, especially ones containing silver
No shifting
No forfeiting

Alpha Samuels raspy voice had a slight anger to it. Duels were uncommon due to the fact that alphas would usually settle it before it got to out of hand. These were usually a last resort, but it was only bound to happen eventually.

My father and Mr. Bradshaw were constantly disputing about petty things ever since they had an altercation after Adam's wife, Lorraine had been killed. He had claimed my mother had killed her, because Lorraine accused her of being a witch. As if that was possible!