Chapter 6: The Avatar

*ONE MONTH LATER*

Luna stood in between two amphorae filled with water, concentrating on feeling the flow of the water as she lifted it from the bowls. She brought her hands close together to form on big blob of water floating in the air in front of her. Slowly spreading her arms out again, she formed a stream of water and let it swim around in the air around her. She felt the water flow, not fighting against it. She split the water into two strips and bent it into the amphorae once more. "Well done Luna. You've made great progress," Master Pakku praised as he stepped closer to her. He suddenly stopped in his tracks and began to examine her, his hand on his chin. Luna shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. "I think you're ready," he stated after a moment. "Ready for what?" she asked shocked. "You're ready to continue training on your own. You have learned all the basics of becoming a great waterbending master in the short period of a month, where it would've taken others years to master." Luna's eyes widened in amazement as he took his hands out of his sleeve to reveal a scroll in his hand. "This is a scroll of the moves that I, myself have created. I think you would find greater use for it than I ever did," he said and placed the scroll in her hand. "Master Pakku, I can't possibly accept this," Luna said and was about to give it back when Master Pakku shook his head. "I insist," he said with a rare smile. Luna returned the smile and gave him a respectful bow. "Thank you for teaching me your ways Master Pakku. I don't know how I could thank you enough." He placed his hand on her shoulder. "No need. It was an honor working with you." Just as she was about to walk away, a messenger ran up to them, making her stop in her tracks. "Chief Arnook request both your presences," he informed. Luna glanced over at Pakku confused. He nodded his head at her as they began to walk to the palace.

As they drew closer, Luna saw a strange creature standing outside of the palace. Its white fur looked soft and brown a arrow ran from its head to the back of its flat tale. It had horns coming out of its head and six legs with a brown saddle placed on its back. It appeared to be sleeping and Luna certainly didn't want to disturb the enormous beast so she simply walked into the palace. Upon entering, she was met with five gazes, two of them being the chief and Princess Yue but the other three were completely unfamiliar. There were two boys and one girl. The girl and one of the boys wore Water Tribe clothing that didn't match those of the locals and the other boy wore the clothes of a monk. His head was shaved, revealing the arrow tattoo on his head that probably went over the rest of his body as well. They all just stared at her for a moment before the chief spoke up. "I'm so glad you two are here. I would like for you to meet the Avatar," Chief Arnook introduced as he motioned towards the monk. Luna's entire body stiffened at his words as Master Pakku went to sit next to the chief. She was so worried that she would never find the Avatar but here he stood in front of her. The three that stood in front of her exchanged confused glances at my behavior. The monk was the first one to step closer to her. "Hi, my name is Aang," he greeted and extended his hand to her. She shook herself out of her frozen state and gave him a small smile. "Nice to meet you Aang. I've heard so much about you. My name is Luna," she introduced herself and gave his hand a small shake. His face lit up as he motioned the other two towards them. "Um...Hi. I'm Katara," the girl greeted and gave Luna's hand and awkward shake. "Chief Arnook has told us about you." Luna tensed up at the thought of what he had said. "What did he say?" she asked, trying to keep her composure. "Only that you came to him to learn waterbending and that you're learning pretty quickly," she said, making Luna's nerves relax. The boy dressed in Water Tribe clothing circled her, seeming to be observing her. "Um...hello," Luna said awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. "Sokka of the Southern Water Tribe," he introduced and held his hand out, trying to act in a formal manner. "Luna Suzaki," she said and gave his hand a shake. "What's your secret," Sokka asked out of the blue. "Excuse me?" Luna asked shocked. "Well, everybody has a secret. I just want to know what yours is." Her eyes shifted in all directions, not meeting Sokka's penetrating gaze. "Sokka," Katara scolded. "What?" he asked innocently but he didn't say anything after that. "Sorry about my brother. He can get a little paranoid," she apologized, earning a small grin from Luna. "It's fine. I've dealt with worse." After a moment, Chief Arnook stood up with his arms extended. "Your arrival must be celebrated. We shall have a great feast at nightfall," he announced. "Is he always like this?" Aang whispered to Luna who stood beside him. "Not usually. You should feel honored," she joked, earning a giggle from him.