Chapter 10: Old Memories

The bison flew over the ruins of the place Luna use to call home 7 years ago, landing in an open space between two buildings. Luna climbed down, the others soon following, eyeing everything in horror and sorrow. Luna walked down the street that was cluttered with building that had collapsed and burned down stalls and objects. "This use to be my home," Luna said as she walked up to the small house, walking inside. It was still in ruins, as nobody had come here since the Fire Nation attacked. "What happened here?" Katara asked as she looked around. "It was just a normal night. My father had just come home," she began her voice breaking as she walked up to the wrecked dining table. "We were eating dinner when Fire Nation soldiers came barging into the house." The scene played out in front of her eyes once again, as if she was 9 years old once again, reliving it all again. "My mother took me and hid us behind the couch." She saw a small girl run behind the couch with her mother while the father stayed behind to face the soldiers. "My father stood up against the soldiers...and payed the price...for not telling them where I was." She let out a sob as she saw her father being killed once more. "They started to rip up my entire house as they searched for me. My mother went up to them and refused to tell them where I was." She saw the sight of her mother being thrown against the wall. "I saw her as she was thrown against a wall and I lost it. My powers had surfaced. I took out every soldier, one by one." She paused, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I turned around...and saw Zhao holding my mother...a sword pressed against her neck." Everyone's faces twisted into shock at the mention of Zhao's name. "Fearing for my mother's life, I lowered my guard," she told them, seeing the little girl lower her arms. "Without giving me time to react, he slit my mother's throat and shot a fireball my way." She looked down at her scars on her arms, clenching her fists. She turned to the others, seeing their sorrowful expressions. "An Earth Kingdom General came just in time to save my life. He took me to a town that was located not too far from this one so my burns could be treated, since there were no proper healers here." She walked past the team and out the door to observe the destroyed streets. "Zhao reported that I had survived. In an attempt to take care of me, the Fire Lord sent an entire army of soldiers to burn down the entire village, not leaving a single person alive..." She couldn't take it anymore. She fell to her knees and sobbed, a strong wind beginning to blow her hair back. "An entire village...killed...because of me," she said between sobs. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her, soon joined by the others. The wind continued to blow around them but none of them cared. A few tears also escaped Katara's eyes as she thought about what this pour girl went through. She couldn't begin to imagine what it could possibly feel like to see both your parents being murdered in front of your eyes and feeling like an entire village was killed because of you. The wind died down as Luna started to calm down, her sobs turning into small hiccups. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that," Aang said to her, his eyes gleaming with sorrow. "If I hadn't disappeared, none of it would have happened," he added. Luna instantly pulled him into a tight hug, hating that he was blaming himself. "It wasn't your fault, Aang. It was the Fire Nation's own selfish acts," she said into his ear as she held him tight. They pulled away and Luna wiped the tears from her eyes. She looked over the street again, remembering all the good times that she had here. She remembered when she was about 7. Her father chased her down the street as she let out a fit of giggles. She hid behind a stall and placed her hand over her mouth as the stall owner looked down at her with a smile. The woman held her finger up to her lips to tell Luna she should be quiet. When her father had found her, he twirled her in the air and placed her onto his shoulders, carrying her to their house. She smiled at the memory, then turned back to the group. "Nobody ever came back here after that day because it was a painful memory of what the Fire Nation was capable of. Over the years it faded away from people's memories completely," she said to them. "I don't want all these people to have died in vein." She stepped towards Aang and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm going to help you defeat the Fire Lord."

A/N:
Sorry for the short and crappy chapter, I just wanted to get this out of the way. I promise the next one will be better.
Love ya!!!