Howl

Shadow POV

Once I was cleaned I got out and made a fire, Erza was looking around "how do you not get attacked?" "There are traps all around the outskirts of the base, I know where they are but best to stick to easily visible paths otherwise you'd get trapped" she sat down and I got the fire burning "we have to be careful, a monster called the Midnight Fury hunts at night...I've encountered her a few times and barely escaped her" I pulled out a sword and sharpened it "it's a full moon" I focused on my sword "yeah I know...i'll be heading up that tree for a nightly ritual on the full moon" she looked at me "nightly ritual?" I smiled "you'll find out soon enough" 

The moon shown right above us, I climbed a nearby tree and stood on the top strongest branch. I gazed up at the moon and howled, Erza stood at the bottom and smiled.

Erza POV

I stood and smiled as Shadow howled at the moon, half wolf half human of course. Her howl was beautiful, loud yet soft, there was a burst of lights and the aurora borealis shown in the sky. Her howl cause the lights to shift and change into two wolves, they danced in the sky before looking down at me, their eyes were bright yellow, they winked at me before disappeared as Shadow's song ended. She jumped down and got a rabbit that was hanging from a tree, she skinned it and placed it atop the fire "best have something to eat...the Midnight Fury will be out soon" we waited in silence for the rabbit to cook. Shadow cut the rabbit for me and placed it on a plate made from leaves and tree bark, she picked up the remainder and began to tear the meat off the bone. I didn't complain with her eating habits as she was half animal, I took in more of her features, she had multiple markings covering her body: skulls and wolfs on her right arm, a wolf drew catcher in her back, a locked heart on her chest, a scorpion and topaz Jewel on her leg, a wolf skull with two snakes coming out of its eyes on her other leg and...pin up girls on her left arm? "What's with the girls?" She finished what she was eating and looked at me "I thought it would've been obvious...I'm a lesbian" I looked at her "couldn't you carry on your fathers name because you are?" She nodded "yeah...I'm a special case as well but I'll explain that later...but being a lesbian or any sexuality apart from straight is forbidden in my tribe, but like I said I'm a special case but it makes no difference they're all dead" I placed a hand on her shoulder, a roar was heard "Midnight Fury...she's here" I stood up and grabbed her "come on it's not safe here" we ran deeper and deeper into the forest trying to evade the sky beast.