4)Trapped In A Book

Chap song: "Gasoline" by Halsey
***

An hour later, Ava sat frightened in  he corner of a large mansion. Remus Lupin had directed her to walk outside, before telling her to hold onto his wrist. Ava refused, resulting in Lupin stuffing his wand into his pocket and grabbing a  hold of her with both hands. The feeling that then took over was similar to turning inside out. Ava felt she was moving through time and space, unable to hold onto her own body.
She was more than certain she would've expelled the contents of her stomach had anything been residing in it. Thankfully,  Ava was in a hurry this morning when she left the Cooke's house - she skipped the breakfast of a very mushy cream of wheat.

Ava thought this was all some type of bizarre prank until she literally appeared out of thin air outside of a row of buildings. Soon it started to warp apart, allowing a house to be seen. Ava immediately recognized it as 12 Grimmauld Place.
At the point of being led inside the house and then brought into a decent sized musty living room, Ava started screaming in fear. There was even the same portrait of Sirius Black's deceased mother shrieking as soon as Lupin had brought her in. Ava shrieked as well, unable to process that  this was all actually happening around her. Remus attempted to console her, but she ran off  to find a place of safety to hide.

This couldn't be real. Ava started taking in heavy breaths, trying very hard not to cry. Knowing other fellow book worms like herself, Ava knew that living in a real-life situation of Harry Potter is every book lovers dream. A part of Ava felt she should be ecstatic that something like this was happening in real life, but a stronger part of her was more rational to realize something very bad must've happened to her in order to be feeling she's trapped in a book.
Is she dead? Did the lightning striking kill her?
She frowned. That couldn't be it. How could she still feel pain and similar things if she were merely dead?
Ava felt cold not having a jacket on her. Her legs were even chilled wearing shorts. The outside London weather was chilly, and the house didn't appear to  have such a thing as a heating system. There was a fire in the far corner blazing brightly, providing some warmth. Ava didn't dare get close to it, for moving to the far side of that area meant being in view of anyone who would happen to enter the room.
Right now the safest Ava felt was cowering on the back of the room behind a variety of old boxes and a large weathered couch. No one's happened to find her in the twenty minutes since she first started hiding here. Ava could hear people yelling. Remus Lupin started shouting after her, and Sirius Black had run down the hall to see what the hubbub was about.

Ava had ran as fast as her legs could carry her, not daring to look back. The Weasley family started appearing via the front door after apparently taking turns apparating different family members in front  of the house. Ava crouched even lower once the Weasley's, Hermione, Remus, and Sirius started searching the house for her.

"Hate to say it, Moony, but I feel you should never have children based on losing a child," Sirius Black snorted from down the hall, causing Ava to crouch even lower against the floor. Even though these people were technically the good guys, Ava was still  attempting to wrap her mind around being in the presence of living, breathing, book characters.
"She is not a mere child, she's a teenager. And it wasn't my fault; that blasted portrait frightened the poor thing."
"Ha!" Sirius chortled. "The lass should've known the old bat when she was still alive. Now that was frightening."
"I reckon she wins at hide and seek," Ginny chuckled, helping along with the search.
"Oh, the poor thing." Molly simpered, coming closer to the room Ava was hiding in. "Did she perhaps find a way outside?"
"I don't believe so, Molly," Remus sighed. "This is a rather secure area. We would've seen or heard her enter through the front door given the traps. I don't feel she could find another way out by herself-"
"Nasty little brat hiding on the floor of the house of Black!" A crotchety voice says harshly. "If my mistress knew the scum that trampled through her house..."

Ava slowly turned her head, to find something rather terrifying. She recognized the ratty house elf immediately. It was Kreacher, the elf that she knew to work exclusively for the Black family. Even though there was nothing particularly menacing about the creepy elf, Ava still started screaming in fear for having the house elf standing only a few feet away from her. It was the shock of seeing him.
He was real. You could see his oversized eyes and wrinkled skin for as real as it was. Jumping up, Ava suddenly threw herself over the couch in a bid to get away from Kreacher.

"Bet you to be another bratty mudblood," Kreacher spat vehemently. "Deatheaters will come for you girly...just you wait!"

Ava started screaming as the elf continued to talk, before grabbing an oil lamp that sat upon a nearby desk. If he came anywhere near her, she was going to hit him. Not just because he scared the bejeezus out of her, but because Ava really hated the character of Kreacher in general. She didn't necessarily mind the idea of throwing something at him as mean as the thought was.

Black Pages (Harry Potter fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara