8)The wand chooses the witch

A/N Chapter song: "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons
_____________________________

To Ava's surprise, there actually was a vault for Estelle Thornheart at Gringotts. She was originally skeptical there would be one. 
Ava found the goblins at Gringotts were creepy. She felt with their lumpy skin, beady eyes and horrid glares, they made Kreacher look like a teddy bear in comparison. Mrs. Weasley reassured Ava that asking for your vault was a simple process once identification was shown. The kind older woman looked concerned leaving Ava all alone, but Mrs. Weasley had no choice. She left Ava alone in Gringotts to search for her vault per Dumbledore's orders. Albus didn't want Molly Weasley in the bank with Ava when she made the withdrawal. Ava suspected this was due to Dumbledore not wanting Molly to know her mother's name was Estelle Thornheart.
For why this was, Ava had no clue. Dumbledore's instructions were to tell absolutely no one that she was the daughter of Estelle Thornheart and Ava didn't argue. She told no one, not even the Weasley family.
Ava was nervous to be inside Gringotts alone, and even more nervous when the Goblin security detail overlooked the paper Ava gave him. Dumbledore gave her a letter to give to the bank explaining she was the descendent of Estelle Thornheart. In retrospect, Ava felt strongly Dumbledore could've spared her five minutes of his time to bring her to the bank himself.

"Upon Estelle Thornheart's demise, it is said that her blood relatives will inherit the contents of her vault and no one else. Considering there is no relative of your family line still alive, you must subject to the relation test," the goblin said coolly, handing back Ava the letter. He extended a clawed hand, startling Ava as the goblin's hand started to glow yellow and then orange. His hand was on fire!
"Well hurry up, miss! I haven' got all day!" the goblin grumbled.

Ava stared at the hand nervously. The hand looked as though tiny embers of light were flowing through the goblins hand as though he was genuinely on fire. It looked painful to touch. "Will it hurt?" Ava asked nervously.
The goblin developed a sinister looking smirk. "Only if you're not truly related to Estelle Thornheart, Miss Black."
Before Ava could consider if touching a Goblin's on-fire hand was a good idea, the tiny goblin grabbed her hand to place the palm of it over his burning one. To Ava's vast surprise, nothing happened. She felt the goblins strange bumpy skin under her palm, but not the flames. The fire didn't burn her hand. Instead, it started to erupt Ava's hand as well, glowing softly.
After a moment, the goblin released her hand. "You have passed the relation fire of truth. You are in fact a direct descendent of Miss Thornheart," he said, almost sounding as if he were disappointed Ava didn't wind up burned.
The goblin stepped away, skipping up to a desk before going through a parchment compartment. "That particular vault has not been stepped inside for many decades. The vault is charmed to only permit the Thornheart bloodline inside. Once you are escorted to the vault, you will be given a key. You may use this key to show as identification for future visits to Gringotts" the goblin explained quietly.
"Thank you, sir," said Ava, excited over the prospect of riding on the tiny train to reach the vault. The goblin looked somewhat surprised by her response before nodding. He handed her a key, and nodded his strangely shaped head across the room. "Go there, and you will be escorted to your vault, Miss Black. NEXT!"
***
A near half hour later, Ava was exiting Gringotts with two large bags of galleons, sickles, and knuts that she collected from the vault. It was amazing. The vault's door was at least twenty feet tall. It opened into a very large room that displayed at least three body-sized piles of galleons. There were smaller medium sized piles of knuts and sickles, and well as other things that Ava could tell were pricey. Golden cups and necklaces, shiny jewels and large emeralds and rubies. There was even a few paintings. One that resembled the Mona Lisa.
Ava held no care for any of those items. She filled up two large bags of the golden galleons along with the others, and left it at that. Ava felt she was almost stealing in a way. Even though she still felt this was all some type of nightmare or version of herself losing her mind, Ava didn't feel comfortable stepping inside the long forgotten vault of Estelle Thornheart and taking her money.
Still, the book list gave Ava strict instructions to buy everything on her fifth year's supply list. She collected a cauldron, quills, and ink. Upon walking to the bookstore Mrs. Weasley told her to meet the group at, she found the older woman already collected the books Ava would need for her fifth year. She was waiting at the register, where all Ava needed to do now was pay for her books.
"Thank you so much, but you didn't need to collect them for me Mrs. Weasley..." Ava attempted, feeling awkward. She wasn't used to people being kind for absolutely no reason. Foster care taught her that usually when foster siblings or parents were nice, it was because they wanted something you had or they were using you to get a paycheck from the government. With the exception of her social worker, Ava hadn't really encountered too many nice adults besides teachers. She wasn't use to the alien feeling of having someone be nice while expecting nothing in return.
"Oh, no need for thank you," said Mrs. Weasley, shaking her head, smiling gently. "I figured you needed a little help navigating Flourish and Blotts your first time being here. Besides that, I bet it was rather hard navigating Gringotts all by your lonesome," she tsked. "I cannot believe Dumbledore would even ask for you to go inside by yourself...Anyway, I'm headed to magical ammendies with Ginny. It appears Ronald is still coughing up yellow canary feathers courtesy of my idiot twins..." she trailed off in a disapproving voice.