11) A partner in crime

Chapter song: "Troublemaker" by Ollie Murs
_______________________

A half hour passed where Ava enjoyed getting to know Lee Jordan as well as hanging out with the twins. They spoke lightly about business, but only really spoke about projects and things Ava already knew about. Their secret recipe's and plans they kept quiet about.
By the it came to dressing in school robes, Ava left for the bathroom so the boys could have some privacy to change as well.
Ava wasn't anticipating how heavy robes were going to be. She placed a bet that if she got soaked with rain her new school robes were really going to start wearing her down. Ava checked herself out in the mirror, silently wondering what house she was going to be sorted into. After the debacle with the Slytherins earlier, she was finding that she would much rather be sorted into Gryffindor. By the time Ava arrived back at the compartment, she found the doors were open. Inside was a dark haired girl sitting beside Fred, chatting animatedly about being made the Quidditch Captain this season.
Ava knew the girl was Angelina Johnson without even needing an introduction.

"This must be the Ava everyone's talking about," said Angelina as she cast Ava a wave. "Angelina, nice to meet you!"

"Likewise," said Ava, smiling politely.

"Fred's mentioned you in some of our letters, and the boys told me about what you did to Pansy earlier. You're a tiny little troublemaker in the making," Angelina smiled warmly.

Even though Ava could tell the older girl was just trying to be friendly, she didn't like the insinuation that Angelina thought of her as tiny and little. After all, the girl was only two inches or so taller than Ava while also only being less than a year older than her.

"Unintentionally, yes." Ava agreed, nodding politely. 
"Well it's nice to meet you, Ava. It's like the boys have another little sister around," Angelina said, standing while still smiling.
Ava felt one of her eyebrows raise upon that remark but she said nothing in retort. She couldn't possibly be comparable to Ginny. The fiery red-head had grown up with her brothers her entire life while Ava's only known them a little over a month. Ava was in no way a sister type to them; she and the twins looked nothing alike either.

There was also throwing in that Fred would throw the occasional flirty comment her way as well. He obviously didn't think of Ava as a little sister type. Ava suddenly felt Angelina was subtly putting her down. "Look at you, Future, all dressed up and ready for Hogwarts. We'll have you lookin' like a real witch and less of an American in no time!" Fred laughed, holding Angelina's hand as he stood. Ava waited outside the compartment as he and Angelina walked out. But as Fred passed her by, Ava was shell-shocked as he gently ruffled the top of her dark head as if she were a puppy.
Ava swatted his hand away gently, causing Angelina to chuckle softly. "She reminds me so much of Ginny, don't you think, Fred?"
Nothing more was said to Ava as the two walked away down to another compartment as they started to joke about Lee Jordan hiding somewhere while snogging his new girlfriend.
Ava didn't feel she reminded Angelina anything of Ginny. Instead, she felt that Angelina was putting a proverbial stake onto Fred and purposely kept saying words similar to little-sister to get Fred on the same thought process. 
"Take a picture of him Future, it'll last longer." George snorted, gazing out the window as the Hogwarts express sped past a mountain.
"Excuse me?" asked Ava, entering the compartment as she settled herself down. 
George gave a roll of his shoulders as he spared her a smirk. "You gonna deny you fancy my brother?"
Ava's eyes widened as she shook her head. "I don't er...fancy Fred-"
"Who said Fred?" George asked innocently, sitting back against his seat. "I was referencing Ronald, silly girl."
Ava's cheeks heated in a blush as she glared at the now laughing George. "I don't like Fred!" She whispered hotly, getting up and closing the door to the compartment before Fred and Angelina possibly overheard her from the opposite end of the train.