i. Pushing it.

It is desperation that drives his mind.
The desperation is more frantic than Sanyukta in the driver's seat is.
Sanyukta is part confidence and part panic.
Sanyukta trusts the team's effort and her own will power. She has an inner strength that he has admired since DAY ONE.

But he is fueled by hunger and insecurity. The full realization of the fact that he has a family that depends on him, a mother who he has to provide for because she has been working herself to death has hit him hard despite his attempts to run from it. He cannot be optimistic because the fear of failure overwhelms him.

He isn't the one to take rash decisions like Randhir. He isn't impulse and stubbornness.
Parth feels panic rise up in his guts and he hisses. He regrets his decision of being the one in the DT car, the one with half the responsibility. He cannot navigate them from the maze of his insecurities. Anyone else would have been a better choice. Randhir fights bitterly against any kind of Authority but he knows how to handle things in the eye of the storm. Even Vidushi, conviction and gasoline that she is, will get the task done no matter what.

He has to do something to ensure he does not fail. He cannot afford to. No matter what the cost, failure is not an option anymore.

He can barely hear Sanyukta's protests. Her begging him that it is not safe.

Parth has always played it safe. He has always done exactly what he was told to. Most of the time.

This is not one of those times that he mindlessly follows orders. He takes the decision.

He pushes the button.

And that act changes everything.

A/N:  Hello there. If you are still reading this, it means you, just like me , think that Parth deserves more than he is given in the show. This fiction will try to explain Parth's actions. And maybe he might find redemption that means more than just getting Sandhir together.