xv.Hephaestus

A/N : I'm sorry for not updating for the last week. I had a lovely time with PhoenixRadar who means the world to me. She and I share ownership of the OCs in this story and this story would be nothing without her.

------------------------------------------

Finally, Isha smiled. "Hi Parth. You look loads better now."

"Hi again, Isha" Parth smiled politely. It was how he had been raised after all. To be nice to people. No matter the wreckage.

"How do you two know each other?" Namit asked, his face betraying slight confusion.

"Oh." Isha took her seat, right between Namit and Parth. "Parth is Sahil's good friend. I went to see him in the hospital. Sahil said he wanted his friend to meet his girlfriend. And speaking of Sahil, he wants me to meet his family on Saturday." Isha stuck out her tongue "You never get your girlfriends home ever Namit. Learn something."

Namit ignored her, stuffing more watermelon into his face.

Isha made a disgusted face and shrugged "That's Mr. Piggy for you."

"Isha Saxena! Be nice." Monica did not sound angry at the younger woman.

Isha grinned "Ma, but you also told me to be honest" she served herself some watermelon.

Monica and Jay laughed.

"Acha Baba. You win." Namit huffed.

Parth was stumped to see this side of Namit.

"Yes! I am the best. And you are Mr. Piggy" Isha sniggered.

"Yes!" Namit mimicked Isha's higher pitched "Unfortunately for you I am also your boss." Namit's tone went cranky.

'There. Normal Neurotic-ish Namit. All is well' the thought entered Parth's head involuntarily. 'Great there it is. Sarcastic Me. Unlocked thanks to Namit' He suppressed his desire to glare at the older man. His half brother.

"So, Parth tell me about yourself. Nami has been known to exaggerate his stories. Can't trust him fully." Isha filled her bowl with cornflakes.

"I'm a mechanical engineer. I like psychology. And bikes." Parth offered, glad for her initiative.

"Architect. I like dance." Isha pointed to herself.

"And I am a professional dance instructor and also, like I mentioned before: Isha's boss." Namit glared at Isha. "In charge of her job and her salary. That's me."

"A boss like that. Poor Isha." Parth shook his head.

"HA! Take that Namit, it's two against one." Isha laughed.

"Great. I need help now. Ma! Pa. Look at them, they are ganging up on me." Namit scowled.

"Get married son, you won't have anyone ganging up on you without any backup of your own." Jay winked at his wife.

"Acha, that's all I am, backup?" Monica glared at Jay.

The corners of her lips turning up gave her away. Jay winked at her again.

"Chee. You both are the worst." Namit mimicked puking.

"Ignore him. He's mentally slow." Isha grinned.

"I know" Parth felt his lips curl into a smile.

He felt oddly at ease. Like he had lived here forever.

He looked at Monica to find her smiling back at him. Nothing fake about her smile.

Parth wished he could make the acid of his mother's words about this family vanish from his head.