Chapter III: First Incounters

Copyright © 2012 Phyre_Confidential (J.B. Roberts)

All Rights Reserved.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from yours dreams and hug them for real!

-Anonymous

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Chapter 3

"Oh perfect! Simply marvellous! Your hair is now stunning, who knew a cyborg could look so pretty, thanks to my helping you," the red head, Sasha, commented and helped take the cape off from around Xotichl's neck. Xotichl didn't know what to think just yet, she hasn't seen herself in the mirror through the whole process. All she knew was that Sasha didn't get rid if her long hair. She maybe trimmed it an inch or two, but it still went past mid-thigh. She knew Sasha had also put in a large amount of die or whatever it was in her hair, and washed it before drying it altogether. She hoped she looked as she wanted to.

"Dear, it's your turn to see yourself now!" Sasha squealed, and turned the chair around. Xotichl barely recognized her hair when she saw it. It was still the same colour as it had always been, but now it had light brown highlights and lowlights even. It made her hair look pretty much as she had wanted. More colour without taking it all away. When Xotichl turned her head, she saw that the under layer of her hair was lighter than the top, almost the same colour as the highlights. It made it look of something like an ombré, but not quite that. Her hair was cut in neat rows and layered all around. The front cut in a down swoop to frame her petite face, and she even got a fringe that hung on the right side of her head, long enough to tuck behind her ear but short enough not to bug her. From the looks of it, it was perfect.

"Oh. My. Gosh," she breathed, and reared her eyes away from herself to look at Sasha through the mirror, "this is perfect! Thank you so much!" She exclaimed excitedly, and stood out of her seat. Without thinking of what she was doing, she gathered Sasha into a bear hug, jumping up and down like a hyper child on a pogo stick.

"Whoa-- oh, relax missy, it's just hair," Sasha told her and struggled out of Xotichl's tight grip. Her smile was just as bright as Xotichl's, though, and she bounced on the balls of her feet, trying to seem calmer than Xotichl was. Xotichl calmed herself down enough to give Sasha a grateful smile, then realized what she had said not only a few seconds earlier. "Right, Miss Salon, it's just hair," she mocked, and gave her another hug, "This is so much better than I imagined, thank you so much!"

Sasha beamed, "Your welcome Hun, now I've got some more hair to style, you and your hair best be on your way," Sasha patted Xotichl's back and she ran to another chair, saying hello and how do you do to the girl before beginning the process. Xotichl waved on her way out and into the crowd, and Sasha waved back before turning back to the pile of hair in front of her.

Bustling through the crowd of busy agents, Xotichl looked around at the little shop areas for a clothing department. She needed more than her current clothing if she was going to blend in better at the academy. When she spotted a sign that said Fashion Outwears, she traveled the distance and shoved past people in her hurry to make it before she had to leave to her penthouse. Making it to the little free store, she went up to the processor stationary desk and waved for one of the shops helpers to come to her rescue. Everyone around her wore more in date outfits, while she only wore the plain black blouse and purple jean tights. She didn't know fashion like most agents of the young female variety around her age did. She didn't even know what kind of ego she had long before the agency. Many kinds would fit her personality, but none that could stay for an hour of just that egotistic.