1

CHAPTER UNO YE YE and yes Kirstin Maldonado is in this bc I love ptx duh and I've always wanted to add em into a fanfic
-----
It was horrific. Finding out was horrific.

Kirstin is, unless she found out about this whole Calum affair, his best friend. Has been since they were in college together, smoking weed and crying on each other's shoulders while studying.

She knew him inside and out, and she was dependable, beautiful, and so kind. Basically a living Disney princess, if you asked him.

And that's why he was so fucked when Kirstie said,

"Luke, I'd like for you to meet the man I'm going to marry, Calum," She said enthusiastically. These were her two best friends in the whole world, her favorite people, and now they were meeting.

Well, she didn't know they had already met each other last night in an entirely different way. And you can't forget the whole senior year, six months of dating thing. Not a big deal, right? They can all laugh about this somewhere down the line, right?

"Nice to meet you Calum," Luke said, feeling sick as he fake smiled. "I hope you know that I'm a bit of a protective best friend, so don't break her heart."

And just looking into his brown eyes, Luke knew what he was thinking. 'Too late,' his eyes screamed.

"Do I have competition here?" Calum jokes, and Luke wants to just throw up all over Kirstie's nice, probably expensive heels.

The blonde girl just laughs, head tossed back. "Of course not."

"I'm gay anyways, just so we're clear," Luke says, like it would somehow make everything less weird. It does the opposite.

Calum clears his throat. "'Course, Kirstie told me." Yeah. 'Kirstie.' Like he didn't have that knowledge already.

"So, shall we?" Luke says, gesturing towards the restaurant entrance. His hands are sweaty, and he feels so uncomfortable.

"I have reservations. Why don't you two head over to the table while I use the restroom?" Kirstie says, smiling widely.

Luke feels guilt overwhelming him. "Yeah, c'mon Cal. I mean, Calum." Why is he so damn awkward?!

The duo makes their way to the table, and as soon as they sit down, frantic whispering begins.

"Why didn't you know about me?" Calum asks first.

"What do you mean?"

"You're her best friend, she would've told you about me, right? You would've known I was her boyfriend and, I don't know, not have given me consent to fuck you."

Luke frowns. "Kirstie has always been a very private girl. And she's always been the listener, never approaching me to talk about problems unless they're mine. I mean...she did mention a boyfriend once, but then she was all 'please don't make a big deal out of this.' I didn't want to push something that made her uncomfortable!"

Calum groaned. "Dammit, Luke. Should we tell her?"

"Fuck no! That would ruin her, Cal."

"What?"

"What?"

"You called me Cal. For the first time since we were teenagers."

"Well, genius, I haven't seen you since we were teenagers! Plus, why is that a big deal? It's just a nickname."

Calum frowns at Luke's words. That nickname was Luke's. Even Kirstie doesn't call him Cal. "Yeah...you're right. Sorry, caught me off guard."

"What do we-"

"Alright, sorry it took so long!" Kirstie apologizes, kissing Calum's cheek before taking her seat.

The blonde feels a twinge of jealousy, but also happiness for his best friend. It's dumb to be feeling this way, he should only be happy for her. He slept with Calum, sure, and they were a thing once, but not anymore.

Why should he be jealous?

So he pushes the feeling down with gulps of wine. Every time they hold hands, or whisper to each other, or other dumb couple shit. It's like a sad drinking game.

He wishes they had never fucked.
-----
I'm in the process of making a playlist for this fic

if u know good songs about cheating HMU okay bye