8

I triggered everyone last chapter I'm such a good author

another update bc maya might actually stab me soon
-----
"Confess? What are you talking about, Luke?" Kirstin asks, eyebrows furrowed.

"Um, I....I-"

"Hey Luke, hey babe. What's going on?" Calum enters, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. He turns around and looks at Luke's face first. "Luke? What's the matter? Are you okay?"

Luke can't stop the tears from falling and the concern in Calum's eyes is making everything about this worse. There's no way he could tell Kirstin now. Not with him here.

And he couldn't tell her ever, in fact. Their friendship would end, and Luke would be distraught.

"I-I'm fine. I think. I just...don't know if there's a future like this for Nathan and I," He lies, gesturing to the wedding binder.

"Oh Luke...don't worry about that now. You don't have to marry him. As long as you like his company, it's alright. Take it one step at a time," Kirstin advises.

"Who's Nathan?" Calum asks. Great. So Kirstie didn't tell him about it like he'd hoped.

"Some guy..." Luke mutters.

Kirstie smiles. "This super charming, adorable, and hot guy Luke went on a date with tonight."

"Kirst-"

"He couldn't wipe the smile off his face when he came up to the house, isn't that cute?"

Calum grips the water bottle in his hand tightly. "Yeah, cute." He gives Luke a look from across the table.

"Yeah...he really is," Luke gushes truthfully.

Kirstin smiles, Calum scowls. "That's so sweet. I'm really happy for you, Luke." She exits the room, leaving the boys alone together.

"So, you've replaced me already," Calum says lowly.

Luke narrows his eyes. "I don't know if you remembered while you were fucking my ass, but you're getting married. I don't think I'm the one replacing you."

He chuckles darkly. "If you really feel that way then why did you even go through with it, Luke?"

"I...I don't know."

"I see. A quick fuck is all I was? I understand. I'm getting boring now. It's time for you to move on to better guys, I guess," Calum says, looking almost...sad?

"Calum, you're more than a quick fu-"

"Really, Luke? I loved you. Hell, I still lo...I still care about you. But you care about Nathan, so-"

"Calum, will you stop?! I care about you more than anyone, you know that. I feel so deeply for you that...I thought sex would cure it. Then Kirstin happened and I...you know I could never betray her like we already are! The guilt is so overwhelming that I almost told her tonight, Cal. If you hadn't walked in..."

"God, Luke..."

"I know. I know I was too risky and stupid. That's why Nathan is supposed to be my distraction. He even looks like you, isn't that patheti-"

"You should have told her," He says suddenly, seriously.

"W-what?"

"She needs to know the truth, Luke. I can't...I can't do this! I can't live the rest of my life unhappily. I want to be with you so badly," Calum says.

"Cal...we can't. It would ruin her. It would ruin everything."

"But we could be so happy, Lukey. We'd be so happy," He whispers, pressing a hand to his pale cheek.

"We would be, but it wouldn't work out. I'd lose my best friend, and everyone would despise us. It's too much of a risk, Calum."

"I wish I could go back in time and fix it all..." Calum says wistfully, forehead resting against Luke's.

"So do I." Luke intertwines their hands.

The moment is peaceful, loving. He wishes he could live in it forever with this boy.

They both wish they could be with each other forever, but say nothing. They let the moment pass without uttering a word.
-----
AYE

I'M SEEING 5SOS TOMORROW

LITERALLY,, 2 YEARS AND NOW I'M HERE WTF LIFE IS WILD

I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS BAND THEY GAVE ME SO MUCH (MAYA, OTHER FRIENDS, A LIFE, NOT A LIFE, MY CAKE FANDOM FRIENDS, ETC.)

I JUST AHHH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH :-)