3

Luke woke up from his slumber, which only lasted for about four hours. He just couldn't sleep with Calum wrecking havoc inside his head.

He had to see him today, clear everything up. So Luke dialed Kirstie's number with ease; he had memorized the digits in case of an emergency.

"Luke? What's wrong?" She asks in a soft, groggy voice. "It's barely eight in the morning."

"I know, sorry. Can I talk to Calum for a quick second?"

"He treats me right, Luke, you don't need-"

"No, no. Nothing like that, I just need his number for wedding plans and stuff." He bit his lip, hoping Kirstin wouldn't question him any further.

The older girl sighs, "Alright, here he is."

"Yellow?"

Luke tries to stop himself from smiling at the lame joke. Honestly, he was melting at the sound of Calum's voice, and the effect he has on him isn't fair.

"Hi, Cal. Can you meet me at the park today? I feel like we should get the whole story straight."

"Yeah, alright. How's noon sound?"

"Good, good. Tell Kirstie we just talked about wedding stuff. If she asks, I mean," The blonde says, mentally stabbing himself for being so painfully awkward.

"I've got you, don't worry," Calum says sincerely. It makes Luke pause. The words would have been so sweet if only...

If only they weren't in this fucked up situation.

He says goodbye, and hangs up. Luke feels like utter shit.

-----

"Hi," He smiles, all charming and dumb and pretty.

Luke's mad at himself when a grin spreads across his face. "Hello."

"So, we're gonna talk about it, aren't we?" Calum asks bluntly.

He sits next to him on the bench. "Yeah, guess we have to."

"Or...or we could not?"

"Cal," He says sternly.

"Right, sorry. But I could take your cute little self to a cute little diner and we could have a chat there?"

"We can't Calum! We can't ruin my best friend-your fiancé's-life! Why did you even do it if you were gonna propose, huh? Why didn't you stop it?!"

"Why didn't you stop it?"

"I would have if I had known Kirstin was your girlfriend! And if I had known you were going to promise her a beautiful wedding and a faithful vow, even though you clearly cannot keep it, the next day, I would have stopped it!" Luke huffs.

"I didn't want to propose, okay? I'm just doing this because of my dad."

Luke gives him a puzzled look and gestures for him to continue.

Calum sighs. "My dad...made a sort of business deal with Mr. Maldonado once. It must have taken a lot of convincing, since me marrying his daughter was part of the deal."

"Oh my god...your dad just sold you off like that?"

"Yeah," Calum chuckles sadly. "Uh, they want us to carry the business onwards together, I guess. But I don't want that Luke, I want happiness...and you," He finishes with a smile.

"Cal, that doesn't give you the right to not tell me you were proposing before we did it."

"I'm sorry. I just saw you again and I remembered everything about us, and how happy I was to be with you. Until we moved away and...anyways, I'm sorry. I know it was wrong, but I really just needed something good in my life."

"I'm sorry you're in this situation. And I'm just saying...if you weren't engaged to my best friend I'd probably be in that diner with you right now."

Calum laughs. "Gee, thanks Luke. Hey, why don't we go there anyway? They have superb food, it's noon right now, and we can catch up. How 'bout it?"

Luke hesitates. "Alright, but you know it can't happen again."

"Don't worry," He laughs again. "I won't let it happen again."
-----
^ lmao sure jan

I HAVE THE GOTTA GO MY OWN WAY GABRIELLA SONG FROM HSM 2 STUCK IN MY HEAD I HAVE GOT TO G O

see yall later bbys :-)