The Insubordinate Daniel

I do not know why I got into Logan's truck. From the moment I buckled my seatbelt, we began bickering. It started with us trying to decide what radio station to listen to. It wasn't until Sorry by Justin Bieber began playing that we were both content.

"Where do you want to go for lunch, darling?" Logan sweetly asked. I gagged at his kindness.

"Don't call me darling." I informed him.

"Sorry, Marie." He replied as he put the truck in reverse. He emphasized Marie as he normally does, but this time, I decided to call him out on it.

"Why do you say my name like that?" I said crossing my arms on my chest.

"Like what, Marie?" He said as he began to pull out of the parking lot.

"Like the way you're saying it." I couldn't describe the way Logan was saying my name, but I knew that I didn't like it.

"Do you not want me to call you Marie?"

"That's a great idea." I was actually disappointed that I didn't think of that myself. "Don't call me by my name." I smirked to myself at my own evilness.

"Okay, Your Highness." Logan replied adding an eye roll. "Where would you like to go eat?"

"You can pick since you're driving. I don't care."

"Well, you're my guest, so you get to pick." We were at the exit of the parking lot and only had the options of going left or right. There were restaurants in both directions.

"Logan." I firmly said. "Pick where you want to go."

"Marie—" He began and I sighed in annoyance while leaning over to the steering wheel and turned on the left turning signal.

"It's Your Highness to you, Daniel." Logan turned the turning signal off and rolled his eyes. He stared at me in annoyance. I was beginning to be accustomed to his looks of annoyance.

"You just called me by my actual name and now you're going to go back to Daniel?" Logan scoffed in amazement.

"When you're insubordinate, your name is Daniel." I informed him adding a smirk. Logan stared at me but added a smirk to his face as well.

"Okay, Marie." He replied after staring at me for a minute. I cleared my throat to indicate his wrongdoing. Instead, he laughed and turned right out the parking lot.

"So, where are we going, Daniel?" I asked trying to lighten the sudden awkward silence.

Logan ignored my question and focused on driving. I would be offended, but I was happy that he was focusing on the road. I don't think my nerves could handle being in a car accident with him.

We eventually pulled into a Sonic. I was relieved that Logan actually picked a good place to eat at. I loved Sonic. We got out of the car and found an empty table. Logan examined the menu, but I already knew what I wanted: A cheeseburger with tater tots and a sweet tea. What can I say? I love cheeseburgers.

Logan still hasn't said a word which must have been a record for him. I enjoyed the silence while he looked like he was struggling with his own silent treatment. He would open his mouth to say something and immediately close it.

"Hi, guys." Our waitress said as she roller skated towards us. "Welcome to Sonic! Are you guys ready to order?" She pulled out a notepad and held a pen to the pad.

Logan looked up at me for an answer, so I nodded my head. "Can I get the number one combo with tater tots and a sweet tea. I'd like no pickles, tomatoes, or mayo on my burger please." I hated being a picky eater, but those slimy items made me queasy.