Packing My Bags

I knew I would regret telling Georgia... But I told her anyways. And I regretted it.

"So, he just kissed you right there in the parking lot?" She asked after squealing for about 20 minutes. I was in my bedroom packing for my lockdown and updating Georgia on my latest drama. Instead of helping me pack, like she promised, she asked a million questions.

"Did you kiss him back?"
"Did he use tongue?"
"Aw!! Marie, you had your first kiss today!!!"

"Georgia!" I groaned. "He kissed my cheek, not my lips. I did not have my first kiss today. I did, however, get my first phone number from a cute boy today." I searched in my purse and pulled out my receipt from earlier. I showed her Pat's phone number and she stared at it unimpressed.

"Wow." Was all she could say in the blandest way possible. This was coming from talkative Georgia. I threw my hands into my hair and groaned in annoyance.

"You're not interested in the fact that a hot guy gave me his phone number, but you're interested that stupid Logan kissed my cheek?" I asked trying to fit the puzzle pieces together.

"Yes, exactly." Georgia said, wondering why I was confused.

"Georgia, I am not interested in Logan." I reaffirmed.

"Oh, yes you are." She said as if she had proof. "You just won't admit it."

"If I was, I'd admit it." I resumed packing my bag again.

"How'd that kiss make you feel?" She suddenly inquired. She sat on the bed next to me while I was suddenly at a loss of words.

"I don't know.." I said as I rubbed my neck in hope that it would help me describe what I felt. "It was stupid."

"Did you feel anything?" She kept inquiring. I thought back to my initial thoughts when he first kissed me.

"I felt his lips on my cheek." I honestly stated. I sat down on the bed next to Georgia. "I don't know if his lips crashed into my cheek or not, but my cheek was tingling afterwards. It was weird."

"Marie, you're so dumb sometimes." Georgian said as she shoved her face into her hands. "You felt sparks, you moron. I knew you liked Logan!"

I frowned at Georgia, but I also began to question myself. Did I like Logan? I couldn't answer this question truthfully because every time I thought about him, all I can think of is how he annoys me all of the time.

"I don't know, Georgia. I don't think I like him." I honestly answered. I stood from my bed to continue pulling clothes out of my drawer and putting them in my overnight bag.

"You don't know now, but you will soon." Georgia said as she started helping me again.

"But what about all of things he said to me at lunch?" I asked her. His words actually offended me, and he didn't offer a proper apology. All I could do is wonder if that's what Logan actually thought of me.

"Marie, he was probably pissed that you invited that girl when he wanted hang out with you by yourself!!" She yelled exhaustedly. Georgia had a point, I guess. I might have went overboard by inviting Lauren.

"I don't understand why he's interested in me." I admitted. I stopped packing and sat back down on my bed. "Lauren is more of his type. I'm just me: bland and boring."

"It's because you're hot, chica." Georgia said as she finished packing my bag for me. "I packed a bathing suit for you just in case."

"Why?" I confusedly asked.

"Just in case you and Logan do a midnight dip in the pool." Georgia responded suggestively. She winked at me repeatedly until I laughed.

"You're crazy." I told her as I stood from the bed. I went into my bathroom and packed some toiletries. When I returned, Georgia was texting on her phone. "Who are you texting?"