A Surprise Visit

My day at school seemed to fly by as I didn't pay attention in most of my classes.

I blindly played my scales in front of my entire band class because I forgot we had a scale test today. In math, I was the first to finish my quiz and managed to get a 95. In physics, I didn't watch the video nor take notes like I was suppose to. Instead, some random kid let me copy mine without me even asking him.

The only class I actually paid attention in was Spanish. That was only because we colored today. The activity mellowed me out right before I ate lunch with Georgia.

I think she detected that I wasn't in a good mood today and didn't try to pressure me to talk to her. In study hall, she just quietly studied her notes and I stared at mine blankly. It was until five minutes until school was over with that she finally talked to me.

"Do you wanna go get milkshakes after school?" She asked as she packed her stuff into her book bag. My mouth began to water at the thought of milkshakes.

"Oh my god, yes." I excitedly replied.

"I'm glad to see you excited." She said as she laughed at me. "What's wrong, Marie?"

I tried to shake off my sadness and focused on the thought of getting milkshakes soon to make me stay happy. "I'll tell you at the ice cream shop." I replied as I stood and put my book bag back on.

The bell rung dismissing us and we walked to the parking lot. I told Marie that I was going to drop off my book bag in my car since we were taking her car to the shop. We were walking to my car together when I saw a guy leaning on my car. When we got closer, I recognized the guy.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Logan who remained leaning on my car. A smile crept on his lips when he saw me. He removed his body from my car and turned to face me.

"Hi, Marie." He replied. "It's nice to see you too." He opened his arms for a hug but I gagged in disgust instead.

"What are you doing here, Daniel?" Logan rolled his eyes at my question and diverted his attention to Georgia. His green eyes examined Georgia and sent a small smile.

"Who's your friend?" He asked while smiling at Georgia. I rolled my eyes at Logan. He scoffed and pushed me out of the way and walked towards Georgia.

"Hi," Georgia said and she held out her hand as Logan approached her. "My name is Georgia."

"Hi, Georgia." Logan said as he shook her hand. "I'm Logan."

"Wait, why did Marie just call you Daniel?" A confused Georgia asked. I snickered to myself as Logan had a look of disgust on his face.

"His name is Daniel." I said re-entering the conversation and walking back towards Logan and Georgia. "What are you doing here?" I asked again but this time, crossing my arms on my chest. Georgia took a few steps back from us and Logan sent her a smile.

"I really didn't believe you when you said you were in high school, so I came here to see if you were telling the truth." Logan sheepishly admitted as he stared at me again. His long hair was still down and he ran a hand through his curls. I stared at him while he did it suddenly wishing I could fix his hair for him.

"That's borderline stalking, Logan." I sternly replied.

"I wouldn't call it stalking since technically we're friends." A cocky smirk grew on his face.

"No, it's stalking." My harsh words removed his cocky smirk off of his face. "Besides, told me you don't associate with high schoolers, so we are not friends." Logan's face dropped and I immediately wondered why he wanted to be my friend so badly.