Three's A Crowd

We all piled into Logan's truck after walking out of the courthouse. I offered for Lauren to sit in the front with Logan and graciously took my seat in the back. Logan, however, seemed so displeased.

"Marie, are you sure that you don't need to sit in the front?" Logan finally spoke. "You get car sick easily." I buckled my seatbelt and snickered to myself again. What a pathetic attempt from Logan to try to get Lauren out of the front seat.

"No, I don't." I scoffed at his silly claim. Logan was trying to put space between himself and Lauren, but I wasn't going to allow him to. "I'll be fine back here."

He didn't contest to my reply, so instead, he just started the truck. He whipped out of the parking lot and began flying to a nearby restaurant. I knew that he was driving crazy to piss me off, but he didn't know what I had planned.

Shortly afterwards, we arrived at Cheddar's: another one of my favorite restaurants. My mouth began watering as I mentally decided what I was going to order. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car.

"Do you go mudding in your truck?" Lauren asked Logan as we all walked towards the entrance. Logan looked uninterested in with her attempt to make conversation.

"No." Logan blandly replied. I almost wanted to punch him for being so rude to Lauren. He was the most talkative person and he was only giving Lauren one worded, dead-ended responses to her questions.

"Do you go mudding, Lauren?" I asked, attempt to revive the conversation that was killed by Logan. She turned and faced me with a smile, seeming appreciative that I was actually talking to her.

"I used to go with my daddy a lot." She said as we walked through the door that Logan held for us. "But now, I drive a BMW, so I can't do that." She laughed at her joke. I don't understand Logan. Lauren is really pretty and funny. Why wasn't he interested in her?

"Aw, that's cute." I giggled as I realized that she's probably a daddy's girl. Logan flashed a fake smile for .02 seconds as we walked towards the hostess stand.

"Hi, welcome to Cheddar's." A female hostess greeted us as we walked in. "Table for 3?" We all nodded and she escorted us to a booth. I took my seat and Logan sat right next to me as Lauren sat across from us. Menus were placed in front of us as well as silverware. "Your waiter will be here shortly. You guys enjoy!"

"Hey," I nudged Logan to move. "I gotta go to the bathroom." He groaned in annoyance and stood for me to get out.

"Why didn't you go before we sat down?" He grumpily asked as I got out. He really needs to remove the stick from his butt, because I was about 2 seconds away from hitting him.

"I didn't expect you to sit with me, stupid." I replied. I didn't mean to call him stupid, but he was acting like a 10 year old.

I walked inside the bathroom. I glanced at myself in the mirror before I walked in a stall. My reflection showed how annoyed I was. After I was finished in the stall, I washed my hands before leaving back out. When I walked back to our table, there was a guy sitting next to Lauren. Logan stood for me to retrieve my old seat and I slid back in.

I smiled at our new guest and quickly examined him. He had black hair and brown eyes, a very chiseled jawline, and a great smile. He was 10 on the Marie Scale of Hotness. "Hi, Marie. My name is Pat and I'll be your waiter today. Can I get you something to drink?"

Needless to say, Pat was pretty attractive. Try to be flirty, Marie. "Hi, Pat. Um, can I get a lemonade, please?" I didn't even notice that he already knew my name.

"Anything for you." He smiled again causing me to laugh a little. "I'm going to put your appetizer order in and bring back your drinks. Look over your menus and if you're ready to order when I come back, I'll be glad to take your order." He stood from his seat and walked towards the kitchen before I lost sight of him.