father's boy

Jake pov

"Dad what the actual fuck" my son  shouted as he ran through the bar to catch up to me, he kept trying to get me to stop by getting in front of me but each time pushed him back to my side.

"Koby I've told you to address me as Captain how many times" I kept walking my mind racing with pictures of Minx crying, finally I reached the outside away from the stuffy smoke filled air of the bar.

"Why you're my dad and everyone know it but not the point right now. What was that why did you just sell Minx like that" the small blonde was heaving he was that angry.

"I didn't sell him, no money passed hands"

"Fine why just pass him off like that, like some belonging" that stopped me in my place, which allowed my son to finally get to stand in front of me "how many times have you told crew that slaves weren't aloud on the ship, that you wouldn't support a man who used a person as if they were simply an object..."

"Well..." I interrupted

"Too many fucking times is the answer. How can you preach that to your men then go and do something like that" his oceon eyes stared into my own waiting for an answer.

"He couldn't stay on the ship he wouldn't have been of any use; he would have been dead weight. We don't need that right now" I walked around him and carried on through the busy dirt streets pacing everyone without a single glance but Koby caught up.

"Of use. People don't have to be of use to be kept around"

"They do on a ship Koby, it's how they keep running"

"Are you really that narrow minded, you were all up for it when you thought he was a girl"

"You of all people should know that im not like that I dont care what he is but he cant work on a ship he's just not made for it " that's when he got right in from of me and pushed at my chest "don't go starting something you can't handle kid"

"What! You going to go get rid of me to?" he spat as Fox closed in on him from behind placing a srong hand on his shoulder, ready to pull him back or step in if needed.

"Don't be so stupid, of course I'm not. Look it's all done now Minx will stay here and help out he will have a better life than being cooped up on a ship with nothing to do" I was trying so hard to convince myself at this point that I'd done the right thing back there.

"Don't speak to me like I'm some child, you know what's going to happen to him, some dicks going to go in there and see him, kill anyone who challenges him and he's going to take Minx for himself to use and he will be back in the same place you just rescued him from. He'll just end up being some fuck toy for some other creep"

"I – I" I tried to get some words out, something that would reassure my son that that wasn't going to happen that Minx would be just fine here in the bar, but I couldn't lie, that's probably what would happen and the poor kid will end up in the same state as when I found him or dead. "I didnt think"

"Yeah well you're good at that. Now get your head out your ass and go get him back" as much as I hated to admit my son was right, my short know it all son, I couldn't leave him here, not knowing what will happen to him.

"Okay son okay" so we greased back  the way we had just come.

.........................

Literally love Koby anyone else?