Explanation's

Captain Jake's pov

A couple weeks had passed since I'd invited Minx to stay on the ship, it was also the last time we'd had any proper type of interaction with each other. He hadn't come back to my room since running off that night and after asking Koby the next morning he'd explained how Minx had come to his room upset and asked if he could stay there, of course my son had said yes.

So since then that's where the boy had been staying each night, really the only time we had any interaction was in a morning's when I gave out the jobs for certain crew members who didn't have a proper place on the ship yet, I usually gave him the easiest of them, stuff like helping in the kitchen, where chef would put him to work prepping the food for the day, so with a yes captain he'd be off towards there without another word.

...

Night rolled around quickly that day I guess it was because I'd been stuck in my room for the majority of it, at a desk with my face buried in maps and ship's docking diaries. I was still trying to figure out our next move. We had barely gained any earnings in the last few months now, since the last few ships we'd hit didn't have much to sell, both had just been transporting people from different island's for work, none were wealthy, with the majority being poor families just desperately looking for work, so since the ship would only be making small journeys they didn't carry much supplies with them, so now not only was we low on food we also didn't have much to sell in order to get any, I just needed one real good hit that would set us up for a few months at least.

A quiet knocking at my door had me finally lifting my head from my papers.

"Come in" the door pushed open to reveal Minx standing just out outside it with a silver tray in his hand's, his blonde locks had been pulled up into a hair tie at the back of his head showing of his features even better, his once sunken in face from starvation now held more definition, in the shape of beautiful chiselled cheekbones, his baby blues stayed trained on the tray of food refusing to look in my direction as he nibbled on his bottom lip turning it a dark red. "Minx come in" the boy stepped in but still didn't look my way.

"Chef asked me to bring you some food, since you haven't been for any all-day, he thought you might be hungry" the small boy walked to my desk which sat back in the far-right hand corner of my room, placing the tray of chicken and vegetable with a small pot of gravy on the side down on before going to leave straight after.

"Minx" I spoke above a whisper, not  sure what I was even going to say next, but it made him stop in his tracks half way to the door, but still he didn't turn around "how about you keep me company for a little while" his shoulders visibly dropped at my question before he turned to face me.

"I really should get back to the kitchen I've got to help Chef with the clean-up" he answered while tucking a stray strand of hair behind his ear.

"I'm sure he won't mind he has plenty people down there that can help him out" he nodded making his way over to the chair opposite me, dropping down in it he started messing with some papers, lining them up straight into a pile, "so how've you been"

"fine" I knew he didn't what to talk, he felt regected but it wasn't how I meant him to feel.

"Good good" I nodded, the air was filled with tension, me wanting to say so much but not know how to do so, where as he looked like he would rather be anywhere but here sitting with the man who had turned him down. I started shuffling my papers around in some kind of distraction while I tried my best to think of how to tell the blonde that I was sorry that I didn't want the sort of relationship he thought he needed but that that didn't mean I didn't want anything to do with him.

I went to take a glance at him to find his sad eyes already staring my way, they dropped as soon as we made eye contact though as he started messing with the band of his top "look Minx I think you took our conversation the other week the wrong way, if you'd just of stayed and let me explain how I felt you would of known how fucking attracted I am to you" that sure made his head snap up, his eyes searching my face for a lie "I can't deny how attractive I am to you and have been from the moment we met"

"B-but I'm a boy" he stuttered, his eyes still not leaving my face as he stared in utter confusion, which made me smile.

"Yes, I'm quite aware of you gender and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I've come to terms with it" his mouth opened and closed a few times as he tried to get words out.

"What does this mean then" his question stumped me, I'd been so focused on how I was finally going to confess my feelings for the boy that I'd never stopped to think about what would happen once I did. The lifestyle I lead was hardly the let's go on dates and take it steady type of thing, no man on the ship was in any kind of relationship that I knew about anyway, all of them just slept around weather that be with other crew members or when we docked.

We was pirates at the end of the day if we wanted to have a normal life, we would stay on land get a proper job, get married and have a few kids but that just wasn't how the men on my ship was made, we wanted more than that, we didn't want a boss or anyone for that matter telling us what do to, we liked being free to do as we pleased. So, I guess that's why none of us dated because we simply didn't know how.

There was also the fact that Minx thought he needed some master to control him, that he needed to submit to someone because that's all he'd ever know how to do but that wasn't what I wanted from him and I guess that confused him as to why someone would want anything different from him, so how do I explain all this without him running off again.

"I don't know..."

////

So finally going to start updating this book more regular, I just had such a bad writes block with it as when I first started it the story was going to go in a completely different way but then I just wasn't enjoying writing it but now figured it out. 

also how the hell is this the number 1/2 book in the pirate tag thank you everyone that's been reading it so far and putting up with my terrible updates. 

But please vote and leave me some comments on what your thinking so far on it x