Chapter one

"Chase, come on. We need to go to the hospital. Aunt Ashley is having her baby," mom said, walking over to me. She picked me up into her arms and ran to the car.

We walked into a white room with a bed. Mason's mom laid in the white bed holding a baby that was wrapped in a blanket.

"Sarah, thank you for coming."

"Of course I came. I'm sorry I couldn't be here sooner."

"There's nothing to be sorry about. Hi, Chase. Do you want to meet Rain?"

"Who's Rain?"

"My baby." she turned the baby to face me. I smiled at it, it looked calm. It began to cough and opened its eyes.

"Is it okay?"

"He's fine. Baby's cough and cry a lot."

He opened his eyes revealing yellow eyes. My eyes got big in shock. 

"Chase, why don't you and Mason go with your mom and get something to eat?"

"Okay. Can I play with Rain when we get back?"

"He's to small to play with right now but if you're really, really careful you can hold him."

********six months later*******

I was sitting in my room waiting for my best friend, Mason, too come over for our play date when I heard the sound of a baby crying.

'Yay. Rain's here, too.' I thought as I ran down stairs. I flung open the front door and smiled at the one year old.

"Hi," I greeted the family of five, looking at no one but Rain.

"Hi Chase," Mason's mom greeted.

Mason rolled his eyes and walked into my house. I quickly turned and followed.

********five years later********

I was sitting in my third grade class waiting for the bell to ring so that I could go to the play ground with Mason and Rain. I smiled and ran towards the door as the shrill bell sounded. I reached the play ground in under two minutes.

I saw the first graders being led out of their class. I hopped over to Rain as Mason exited his class. I kissed Rain's cheek and grabbed his hand.

"Hi, Chase," Ms. Finch, Rain's teacher, greeted smiling at us.

"Can I go play now?" Rain asked, shyly.

"Of course," she answered. "but stay where I can see you."

Mason ran over to us and we raced to the swirly green slide. We played until my mom came to pick us up.

*******two months later********

I smiled at Rain as he sat at the picnic table, fidgeting with the engagement ring I have him. I giggled and grabbed my shoes, I was about to walk over to him when Mason sprayed me with his water gun. I grabbed my matching one and chased him around the picnic area.

I heard Rain yell and we both turned to see him tackle another first grader and move to punch him. His face was red and his eyes were filled with tears.

"You are an annoying, mean, friendless troll! I hate you! Stay away from me!" Rain yelled, as his mom pulled him away from the kid.

"Rain, stop yelling. Violence isn't the answer, use your nice words," she commanded.

"He doesn't deserve my nice words, he threw my wedding ring from Chase into the lake. Now we're not married anymore. And he's going to hate me forever, now," he cried.