Chapter six

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I rolled over reaching toward my night stand and fumbling around until I found it. I answered the call and put the phone against my face.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Chase, what are thinking? Who is the boy hanging off your arm? Why didn't you tell me you were going to have someone over this weekend so I could do damage control? What were you thinking? I woke up this morning and I see your picture plastered all over Hollywood asking who your boyfriend is, and I can't answer that. Do you know how frustrating that is, that I, your publicist, don't know who you are dating? Do you?" my publicist, Rick, yelled in my ear.

"If you want to meet him why don't you come over?"

"Fine. I'll be over in an hour," he sighed, hanging up.

"Rain, you need to wake up. You're going to meet my publicist in a hour."

"I don't wanna. It hurts."

"Did I-"

"No, you didn't hurt me. I can feel it, is all. It's not exactly comfortable."

"Good. Take a shower, I'll make breakfast."

"Or you could take a shower with me," he teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"As much as I want to. We only have a hour."

"Fine, but you have to help me into the shower."

"Why?" I asked.

Rain gave me a bitch face.

"Fine. Fine," I resigned. I helped him up and helped him into the shower. "Be downstairs as quickly as possible."

"Okay."

I rushed downstairs to the kitchen and began making yogurt parfaits. Once done I ran back to my room to change, Rain was already sitting dressed on the bed. His nose was scrunched up in concentration and irritation as he stared at his phone. I smiled at the fact that I could still read him after so long of not seeing each other in person before worrying about what could have upset him.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just stupid tabloid stuff," he explained, smiling.

"About...?"

"About us. About how I'm blackmailing you. Your using me as a rebound from Sophia. I'm using you for money and you're using me for my body. How we're not going to last because I'm the first boy you've ever dated. How this is all a publicity stunt, 'Hollywood's Number One Player is Gay?!' That kind of thing. Nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure? You seem worried and even if you think it's ridiculous if your worried we should talk," I said, trying to sound reassuring.

"It's just...what if they're right? What if we don't last? What if-"

"We are made for each other. I've loved you since I was six years old and I haven't stopped loving you for even a minute since I fell for you. I loved you when you refused to speak to me. I loved you when I refused to speak to you. I loved you when we broke up. I loved you while I was dating Sophia, even though I loved her, too. I loved you when that bitch raped me so that she could make me straight. I've loved you for as long as I can remember and as far as I can tell so have you. I'm going to keep loving you until the day I die and as long you love me back, it doesn't matter what the tabloids, or anyone what had to say, we will last. Hell, we have kids, we're a family. We will last."

Rain buried his head in my chest, hugging me as tightly as he could. I rubbed his back when I noticed that he was crying.

"That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I love so much. I really hope what you said is true because I don't think I could love anyone else even if I wanted to. You are the reason I got out of bed most morning after it. Not being able to see you everyday has been killing me. I love being a family with you and the twins. I hope we are forever because even another week without you will feel like eternity to me. I love you. I love you. I love you," he confessed, showering me with kisses.