Chapter 1

Rosie and Jake have been the best of friend since pre-K in 2002. Their parents were best friends, so why not continue the trend? Teachers and their classmates always confused them of "dating", even way back then. Now it's 2016, their junior year. Rosie is the youngest in their class, 16, and Jake is one of the oldest 17. Jake currently has a girlfriend called Jasmine, but Rosie was still top priority as a best friend, much to Jasmine's dismay. One day, Jasmine seemed to have enough of it.

"Hey, Jake, where are we going tonight?" she asked.

"For what?" Jake asked, obviously not paying much attention.

"For date night, duh."

"Oh shit..." Jake muttered, but Jasmine still heard.

"What do you mean 'Oh shit'?"

"I forgot to tell you. Rosie is performing the National Anthem at the soccer tournament tonight. I promised her I'd be there. We can still go to the game though!" Jake improvised. He had completed forgotten about date night, and Jasmine was not having any of it.

"Forget it, forget us, we're done," Jasmine said in a fit of rage and sadness as she started to walk out of the room. 'He's done this too many times before. All for that little boyfriend-stealer Rosie! I bet he's cheating on me with her. No wonder..' she thought.

"Jasmine, wait! Why do this all of a sudden? What did I do, well besides this, but still!?" Jake asked.

"God, Jake, don't think I don't know what's going on. I know you and Rosie have been dating behind my back! I gave you too many chances. Goodbye," Jasmine said sadly.

"Jas, I'm not cheating on you! Rosie is just and friend and has only ever just been my friend!"

"Goodbye Jake," Jasmine said walking out, crying.

Jake just sat there. He knew it want going to work out anyway. She stared at other people, other guys too much. Sure, he was sad, but what could he do? He dialed Rosie's number, and it went straight to voicemail. 'Of course, she's singing soon, idiot,' he thought.
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I'm sorry if this part doesn't really make sense. Like, comment, follow, share and all of that! Thanks for reading! 💕✌️