Chapter 5

As Jake suspected, someone asked him. And that someone was his other friend Ethan; they hadn't always been friends, just because of them being teammates.

"Hey Jake, I heard you and Jasmine broke up. She said something about. . . Well I'm sure you know," Ethan said, unknowing that Jake was going to fake-explode on him.

"OH MY GOD. EVERYONE HAS BEEN GIVING ME WEIRD LOOKS AND ASKING ME ABOUT IT ALL DAY, YES I KNOW THAT WE BROKE UP AND WE DIDN'T AGREE ON HOW WE BROKE UP CAN EVERYONE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE???????!!!!!!!!" Jake yelled, getting a bunch of strange looks from his teammates and random students passing through the gym. 'I think it worked. . .' he thought. 'Better storm off, just for good measure.'

After practice, Jake was still "steaming mad" and he was the first out of the locker room, a first for him. Someone stopped him right before he got out of the gym doors.

"H-hey J-Jake? Y-you probably don't know who I am, d-do you?" asked a small voice. He looked like a freshman, but he seemed a little older.

"I don't recognize you. What's your name?" Jake asked with a smile. He could be nice to this kid, then be "angry" after.

"My name's G-Grayson. I've been in your class for 2 years now. I don't come to the class meetings or anything. I-I'm pretty shy, c-can you tell?" Grayson said in a very small voice.

"How did I miss you around school? Wow, I'm sorry, bud. We should hang out sometime. But anyways, what's up?" Jake asked.

"W-well, I heard you blow up at Ethan. I d-don't know from experience, but I know it can be hard breaking up. I took it hard when my parents got divorced, but I can't imagine b-being the one in the relationship. I j-just wanted to t-tell you that if you n-need anyone to talk to or anything, I'm h-here. And if you need help with homework or anything, just find me. I-I hang out in the gym for half an hour after s-school," Grayson rambled; he'd been practicing this, Jake could tell.
"Yea, that sounds great! Do you have a phone? I could text or snapchat you sometime too."

"No, we don't have quite enough money, you know?" Grayson said, meaning it in a joking way. Jake's family had always been somewhat wealthy. He had no idea what Grayson was going through.

"Yea, I guess, ha ha," Jake lied. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

"Yea! Okay! I'll be here after your practice again if you want me to be!" he said. He said genuinely happy.

"Sounds good. See you tomorrow, bud!" That definitely put Jake into a good mood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two parts in one day! I don't know if I will post tomorrow, I have a youth group to go to. And I'm sorry I didn't post over the weekend, basketball keeps me busy! Anyways, like, comment, share, thanks for reading! Love you all for reading! xxx