Chapter 6

In the parking lot, there was Rosie, as promised. She was still kind of thinking about Brian; he had texted her after school. She saw Jake walking to the car, so she dropped her phone into the cupholder and prepared to act couple-y.

Jake got in and closed the door. "You know the plan right?"

"Act all couple-y?" Rosie asked.

"Yea, when the team starts coming out, I'll grab your hand and be talking and stuff, then just laugh and act like that. Ethan will spread the news to Jas, I'm sure. Apparently she told him that I cheated on her a bunch of times and now he's "comforting" her," Jake ranted.

"So basically they're probably screwing each other," Rosie assumed. She didn't care about Jas and never really liked Ethan, but seeing Jake so upset about this made her mad. 'Why would anyone want to hurt him like that? Why would anyone want to be an ass to my best friend? It was all just stupid, for lack of a better term. Crap, here comes the team.'

"Showtime," Jake muttered. He didn't want to do this. But to make Jas mad? Why not? She was spreading rumors, lies, about them.

Jake grabbed Rosie's hand and kissed it. "This may be the most awkward thing ever," he said with a chuckle.

"Oh well, pissing off exgirlfriends is fun," Rosie laughed.

"I think they noticed. Oh, Ethan's pointing. Woooowwwww," Jake said. "Can I wave?"

"No! Jake!" Rosie giggled. This came so naturally. Almost too naturally. Oh well.

"How fast do you think they'll tell her?"
"She'll know in five minutes," Rosie smiled. "Should we get going so they don't think TOO much?"

"Probably. Let's swing by Sonic then go to my house and we can do homework there," Jake said. Sonic had sounded good all day.

"Sounds good," Rosie said as she pulled out of the parking lot. "Lemme guess, chocolate Coke and large cheese fries."

"Yes. . . And you want a vanilla Dr. Pepper with extra vanilla and extra ice with large PLAIN fries," Jake teased.

"You better be thanking me for buying you food."

"Eh, you'd do it anyway."

Back at Jake's house, fully supplied with drinks and food, they started in on their homework; Jake had Algebra 2 to finish, and Rosie had a French test to study for. They mainly kept to themselves, except when Jake had a question for Rosie; Jake took sophomore year off for math and was behind now. He was doing well though, and if he didn't understand something he had Rosie to help him.

"What's the formula again?" he asked for the 5th time.

"h = -16t squared + vt + s . You're going to need to know that for the test, right?"

"Yes, but it's the first day of the new chapter. I'll get it," he grinned. Wow, he was in a good mood. Making Jasmine mad AND getting Sonic with his best friend? Nothing could be better right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M SO SORRY GUYS I know I haven't updated in a long time, but my mind is in a million other places on spring break! I will get another chapter up hopefully before I go back to school. Thanks for reading!

-Amanda