Chapter 7

The next day came, and the pair got looks all day, even from the teachers. Small towns are great; rumors spread like wildfire. At least it was Friday. Some of it may calm down, hopefully. And Jake had the last regular season basketball game tonight! He was the point guard and the team's main scorer. Ethan was the second best, and the two worked together like they had the same mind. If one of them was guarded, the other was almost always open.

"Hey buddy! Ready to whoop up on some Jaguar ass?" Ethan almost yelled as Jake walked in the building.

'At least he dropped the Jasmine thing,' Jake thought. "Of course! They don't stand a chance!" And in reality, they didn't. Really, their only good player was some Brian kid. Jake faintly remembered him from soccer. . . Oh well, probably nothing.

"Hey, and if we win, the team is going out for supper. We talked about it right after you left. Nothing REALLY big, hopefully just the team and maybe the cheerleaders. Are you gonna make it?" Ethan asked as they walked to first hour.

"Maybe, depends on if I have too much homework."
"That's what the weekend's for!!"

"Not with algebra. Was it always this bad?" Jake complained.

"No- hey, Jake, you see that kid over there?" Ethan pointed.

It was Grayson. "Yea, he's cool. What about him?" Jake asked. With Ethan, he knew it was either going to be a dare or just be mean.

"I bet you won't knock the books out of his hands," Ethan said with a grin.

"You're right, I won't. Why would I even want to do that? He's in our class you know," Jake said with an angry tone in his voice. He was beginning to realize how rude Ethan really could be.

"He's a nerd! I know it's a stereotype, but look at him! He's a geek!"

"So? He's actually pretty nice." Jake was not going to let Ethan do anything to his new friend. It seemed like he'd already been through enough.

"Whatever," Ethan said, sounding a little disappointed. They had since made it to their first hour and the late bell rang.

Rosie had been getting looks all day long, and she did not like it. She began to realize that she was gaining even more "popularity" for now that people thought she was dating the star on the basketball team and not just being friends with him. Wow it can change fast. The attention will be shifted once the game starts. She was sat in the bleachers with her friend Beth.

"How many points do you think Ethan and Jake will have from each other?" Beth asked. She'd always had a thing for Ethan, even if he was a jerk.

"Well the Jaguars kinda suck, so Ethan will have at least 12 and Jake will have at least 15," Rosie said. They seemed to average that throughout the season, so it was a safe bet.

"So tell me one thing, are you and Jake a thing?" Beth asked.

Rosie could feel the crowd shift in their direction. Why would she ask that in such a public place? Well, Beth wasn't the most observant, but Rosie still loved her. "We'll talk later, okay?"
"Okay! The game's starting anyway."

The announcer yelled, "Also starting for the 'Dogs, number 11, Ethan Smith!" With a huge emphasis on the A and I. The crowd cheered and clapped, and the cheerleaders kicked and jumped and all that. Jasmine was going extra hard for Ethan.

"Finishing up the lineup for the 'Dogs, number 12, Jake Mason!" with emphasis on the A, O, and N. The crowd went WILD!! Jasmine, not so much, but wow. 'I've never noticed this. . ." Rosie thought. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideas are flowing guys! If I can have wifi tomorrow, there may be another part up on Sunday! This isn't quite on the song's path yet, but I had to have a little bit of backstory. Thanks for reading! xx