A Tachyon Pulse

For those who don't read my profile comments then you won't know, but I have re-written 'To Have and to Hold' simply because when I tried reading it ... I actually didn't like it too much. So, it's now rewritten and better edited.

Fantastic 5: Rise of the Silver Surfer | The Storm Ignites | A Tachyon Pulse

Still in the building they had met Victor again in - June was sat in one of the labs that had dozens of computers with the latest high technology.

"Oh, come on." June sighed, "This is ridiculous." She ran a frustrated hand through her hair, scratching her head slightly as all the calculations just stared at her. She couldn't seem to figure it out ... and neither could Reed. It was like the answer was on the top of her tongue, but it just wouldn't come to her like she wanted it to.

This day just kept getting worse and worse by the second.

"Junie, have you got anything new?" Reed's voice entered her ear canal the moment his footsteps did – he walked into the room with a pile of papers gathered in his arms. This seemed to be all he looks like these days. He wasn't looking any better than her, though – neither of them could seem to figure out how to disconnect this Surfer from its board.

And they were on a time limit, one they couldn't stray over at all.

"No, I haven't!" June didn't mean to, but her voice came out with a snap – she had been staring at the screens in front of her like they were aliens from another planet. It did take her a moment to realise that she had indeed sounded a little too harsh, so she sighed tiredly, rubbing her forehead like a headache was coming on. "Sorry." She apologized, looking towards him as he dumped himself into a desk chair near her – with his own set of computers.

Reed looked towards his sister with concern, seeing the stress of this finally getting to her. But it wasn't just that because even before the 'London-Eye Mission' she didn't seem to look right in a sense, she looked down – almost like she was trying to avoid something.

"June," He started when she turned her head away from him – he put down the papers onto the desk beside him before twisting around towards his little sister. Forgetting about the situation they've been put in – he wanted answers as to what's been going on with her ... but after seeing her mostly alone and without Johnny about, he had a good guess as to why. "What's wrong? And please don't brush me off this time, tell me." All he got was silence. "Please."

What did the guy do this time?

June never really did like talking about a personal matter with her brother – especially, when it came to relationships and boys.

"It's nothing," She mumbled, now staring at the screens in front of her, biting at the pen that had originally been in her hand – not wanting to talk about it right now of all times. They had more urgent and pressing matters. "Besides, we have the world to save." She tried to reason – usually, that would work on him, but this time, it didn't seem to.

"No," Reed didn't turn away nor did he forget about the subject just because the world is in danger. "Something's bothering you and I have a 'big brotherly feeling' that it has something to do with Johnny." He watched as her nose twitched – he knew he was right. "So, I'm right?"

June heaved out a sigh, looking exasperated, "Can't we just pretend for one moment that I don't have a 'love life' and figure out how the hell we're supposed to separate this Surfer from its board?" Looking over to him, almost begging him not to push again.

But, it didn't work.

"What did Johnny do?" He pushed, not letting the subject go.

Her brother was beginning to get very annoying and it wasn't helping her right now. She threw the pen onto the desk, groaning with irritation. There was going to be no way of getting out of this now – Reed had a resolved face against him, he wasn't going to let the subject go until he got his answer.