Board Disconnection

Fantastic 5: Rise of the Silver Surfer | The Storm Ignites | Board Disconnection

It didn't take too long for June to figure out where the Surfer might be heading next around the world. She was able to pinpoint the location to be in the middle of the Black Forest, Germany. Soldiers upon more soldiers and even military tanks were gathered in a section between the trees – there were way too many of them than June liked to see. That anyone liked to see actually.

The Fantastic Five were all ready and geared up, intent on doing their job with taking this Surfer down once and for all before any more damage could be done. Packed in a large box to the side were the devices that were going to act as a net. Once they were connected, they'll be able to send out an energy wave – there were five of them, this way they'll be more of a chance that the wave would hit the alien before he realises what was happening to him.

The five of them were heading towards the General whom, like everyone else, was already in uniform and ready to fight if the need came to it. "Sir, he's holding his position north of here." That blonde military girl told the General, she was the one that kept following him around like a lost puppy, waiting for orders to be barked.

"Good." The man nodded, looking at the white sheet in the woman's hands for clarification.

Reed butted himself in for the team, "General, give us a one-mile perimeter." He requested, but that usual displeased look crossed the man's face. The General wasn't playing this game anymore – the smart-heads had done their jobs, now it was their turn. And he was going to do it ... his way.

"Forget it, Richards." The General scoffed, shaking his head, relaying his thoughts. He looked between the two geeks of the group, "You had your shot, and you blew it. This is a Military operation now. So, jam the signal-" The man took a bold step towards Reed, trying to look intimidating, "-then get out of the way and let us do our job." He pushed past them, the lackey following behind.

June was beginning to get really annoyed by this man ... he just couldn't seem to get past this arrogance built into him. She wouldn't be surprised if that's what leads him to his death later on in life.

"You don't understand." Reed tried to tell him, his body turning to try and get the General to see reason.

"No," The General stopped him, turning back around just a metre away. "You don't understand. So, let me make it clear for you and your pack of freaks here.-" June's eyes narrowed at the word 'freaks', "-I'm the quarterback. You're on my team." He raised one last eyebrow, as if daring any of them to counter attack. "Got it?" His lip twitched upwards, "But then, I guess you never played football in High School ... did you, Richards?" Chuckling at his own comment, about to turn around – but someone stopped him before he could ... June.

She was having enough of this man's bullshit, "You know what, General?" She spoke, tilting her head towards him as he turned to her direction, "You're right. Reed never was into any of the physical sports back in High School, because he stayed in and studied like a good little nerd. I followed in his footsteps too, but you know what?" Pausing, "You're just a big dumb jock, who turned to the Military for a job when he realised it's the only thing he could actually get based on his personality."

Yeah, she did her homework.

"And fifteen years later ... my brother and I are two of the greatest minds of the 21st century, and you know what else?" Cocking an eyebrow towards his still figure, "This geek is saying that the big dumb jock isn't going to get a damn thing..." Taking a step forwards so she wasn't in line with the group, "...until he starts treating each of us with some respect."