Chapter 1

"Lizzie, you're well aware that you and Ciel, my favorite niece and nephew, are getting married. I just wanted to give you some tips for your future role as a wife. More tea please."

I took the floral teapot and poured some Earl Grey in Auntie's cup.

Aunt Ann wanted to talk to me about being a good future wife, so she invited me to tea in the garden.

She took a sip and a relaxed sigh. After a few seconds she continued.

"Anyway, a Lady should be super weak and cute in front of her Lord. It's the most important thing, to be an innocent, naive girl. It's your job to smile and be surrounded by nice things, just like in nursery rhymes."

She thought for a while and I poured her some more tea. She took a sip and continued.

"That's why, you should always be like that."

Aunt Ann smiled at me.

"Yes Aunt Ann! I will " I told her.

I said earning a gentle pat and a heartfelt smile from her.

She taught me some of the things she learned when she was younger.

"Listen now Elizabeth, to be a good wife, there are some words you have to live by as a Lady;

Poetry over philosophy. Embroidery rather than cooking. Dance instead of chess.

Be an unknowing angel.

Every girl born in the country of roses are raised by these words."

"I'm the same as those girls Aunt Ann. I'm the same." I said reassuring Aunt Ann.

However, in one way or another I was always different from other girls.

Mother went to the garden and saw me, she called.

"Elizabeth." She said with her straight face.

She went closer to us and faced me.

"It's time."

I knew what it meant. It means I have to dance again, a very extraordinary dance, a dance no lady should be doing.

I went inside my room, Paula followimg behind.

"It's that time again, huh young lady? I wonder what you'll get from your parents this time." She asked as she picked the suit from the dresser.

"I guess it is that time again Paula! I hope I'll get more rewards from father and mother if I win this match!" We laughed.

She carefully removed the ribbon that ties my dress, the dress fell to the ground. She got the suit she picked up and dressed me with it.

"There we go young lady! No matter what you wear, you will always look cute!"

"Thanks Paula! Your compliments are always lovely!"

She gave me a warm smile. We left the room and rode the carriage with mother, father and brother will be staying in another carriage.

We rode off and reached the armory. A man called me. It's that time indeed. I watched two men fence with each other. Brother arrived and stood next to me.

"Lizzie! Your going to fence after those two guys, right? Good luck!" He smiled.

"Thanks brother! I wish you luck too!" I smiled, but he just turned red and rubbed

I took my stance and fenced with someone, I was filled with pride.

"Is that Marquis Midford's son, the one rumoured to be a genius with the sword?" A man asked another.

"Huh? What are you saying, Phipps?" Another asked.

I defeated the man and he kneeled down in front of me. Me, who stood my ground.

"Valid! You can both pass!" The referee shouted.

"You're wrong. The genius is the daughter." The other man added.

"You two may go now, next pair!"

Sweating, I took off the helmet. Everyone applauded me. This was my special dance, the dance of a genius. I wasn't dancing the waltz in those halls.

I searched the crowd. My parents were watching from seats above, mother sat high and proud on one of the chairs. I looked at her to see her proud smiling face.

Paula and I went to a dressing room nearby and I changed into my spare dress. Oh dress, it's been yet another long time that I haven't touched you! This remarkably cute dress! I missed it so much!

It was a pink dress with flowers around it, it had ruffles on its sleeves and a lily on its collar.

After changing into my dress, I sat above with the Marquis and Marchioness, father and mother. We watched Edward and other gentlemen fight.

Now you know, that I, Elizabeth Midford, daughter of the Marquis, head of the British Knights, can do a very extraordinary dance not every Lady can do.