Chapter 5

Ciel went home early today, I didn't get the chance to ask him if he would still want me as a wife, even with my special skill. I just wanted to talk to him actually. Edward is already at Weston by now, maybe I should send him a letter? Maybe I should send Aunt Ann a letter to come play with me?

There was nothing much to do as a lady, nothing much to do in a huge manor. Paula was taking her break, so was Yvette. I wouldn't want to disturb them.

Everyone was busy, everyone had something to do. I have nothing. No work, no chores, no responsibilities and nothing to do. Everyone was breaking a sweat in this world except me. I kinda feel left out.

I decided to walk around outside the castle. Maybe I could find something to do. I left the house myself since Paula was taking her break. No one would mind if I go out for a bit.

I got a small piece of paper and wrote a note in case they went looking for me.

"I went outside to get some air.
-

Lizzie"

I started my adventure by opening the front door and going out the gates. the manor was the bake shop I always see. The walls were red bricks with different shades, with a stone roof. It had that feel at home look. The name of the bake shop was Fluffy Cakes.

Eating something in the bake shop wouldn't be bad. I brought some money with me too. This is great timing to get a snack before lunch time.

I know I just ate a bunch of sugar coated cookies, but that won't do. I get hungry very easily, especially if the food I eat is just desert or sweets. I got to watch my appetite, because sometimes I feel my corset getting a little bit tighter.

I went inside the shop to be greeted by another feel at home scenery. This bake shop always has a countryside look. Its always a warm and welcoming place.

"Good morning milady." A woman greeted, wearing a simple brown dress with an apron atop. She had blonde hair tied to a messy bun. Her simplicity only complimented her beauty.

"Good morning miss." I smiled.

"Would you like a table?"

"Yes please. Table for one."

"Right this way please." The woman led me to a wooden table covered with a white tablecloth and two matching chairs with a low pillow on the seats for comfort.

I sat down on the left side and the woman stayed in front of me.

"My name is Griselda, I will be attending to you today. What would you like to order miss?" She asked as she took a small notebook and pencil kept in the pocket of her apron.

"I'm only going to be here for a snack, I won't take long. I'll have two brioches, a blueberry muffin and a cup of lemon water please. Can I also have the other brioche wrapped? I'm giving it to someone at home." I asked.

"A muffin and two brioches with lemon water would cost you 20s-12d. Sorry little miss, we use baskets for wrapping our goods and baskets are getting even more expensive by the minute, and we use the finest ingredients here! Do you have enough pounds for all this miss?" She extended her hand near my face.

Is this woman underestimating me? I don't like that. This woman probably doesn't know who I am, I'm not really that popular, anyway. Even if she doesn't know me, its very rude to undermine a person! How expensive can blueberries, lemons and sugar be anyway? The prices are a bit ridiculous if you ask me! Where did she even get the idea that I can't afford this much? Its a shame she's undermining me, and I'm wearing such a cute dress too! Luckily, I have enough in my pocket.

"It is very impolite to underestimate a lady just because she doesn't look like she can pay you outrageous sum! Do you think I don't have at least one pound and a shilling? Here. Now, please hurry and take my order." I said as calmly as I could as I put the amount on her extended hand.

I feel like that was very rude, maybe I should apologize? Griselda stared wide eyed at the coins I gave her, and then at me. She was about to go to the kitchen.

"Griselda wait!" I stopped her. She turned back to me.

"Yes, what is it?"

"I want to apologize for my rudeness. I let my pride slip, I'm sorry!"

"No, its okay miss. I would like to apologize for underestimating you."

"All is forgiven then." I smiled.

Before she turned away, she looked at me.

"If its okay, may I ask your name? You seem to have a lot of coins with you, but your just a child, and the way you dress is different from the other children I see around. Are you of high social class? Perhaps your parents are of nobility? You see, I'm a bit curious." She asked.

"I'm not very popular in thee parts, but yes I am from a high social class. I the daughter of Marquess Alexis Leon Midford and Marchioness Frances Midford, the second child of the Midford family, Lady Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford. Plesed to meet you!" I introduced myself. Even if it was just to an ordinary woman, a formal introduction is always nice.

"Pleased to meet you too Lady Elizabeth. If you excuse me, I will be picking up your order." Grielda said and left.

I come to the bake shop at least once a month with Aunt Ann or Paula, sometimes with Ciel or Edward. Muffins and lemon water were my regular orders. Paula has brioche all the time, so I wanted to give her one when I get home, the other brioche was for me.

I was waiting for a while and realized that a couple of women were staring at me and whispering amongst themselves. Some other people stared at me too. I tried to avoid their stares as much as possible as my food came.

The blueberry muffin was elegantly placed in a small plate next to it was the brioche. Another brioche was put in a small basket, with a red bow tied to its side. The lemon water was in a teacup with sunflowers as a design.

The whispers became louder and I can almost hear what the people were saying. I don't know why they were talking about me, but it was either they recognize me from my fencing in public or they were talking about why a little girl wearing a puffy dress was alone in a bake shop. Maybe they heard my conversation with Griselda.

I decided to ignore them again and just speed up my eating. I started with the brioche, l called Griselda to wrap the first brioche for Paula later, she put it in a small basket and covered it with a white cloth. I ate the other one in two snaps and drank the lemon water after. I think leaving this place as soon as possible would be nice.

I removed the cloth from the small basket containing the brioche from earlier and gently put the muffin inside, placing the cloth back exactly where it was before. Good thing the basket had a napkin wrapped on the very bottom of the basket, right under the brioche and muffin from earlier, no need to worry about the food getting dirty now!

I took the basket and carried it with me as I left. Griselda bade goodbye and opened the door for me when I left Fluffy Cakes. It was almost lunch time and all I had to do is cross the street. Almost time for lunch! Just this once, maybe I can have a light lunch.

A/N: I finally updated! Its been about six days! About the currency part, I hope I didn't get tha wrong! Shillings, pounds, dimes and pennies were spinning in my head!