Chapter 6

A/N: Since this book is really unpopular, updates will get a bit slower than usual! Sorry! I'm focusing on writing my Armin Arlert and Annie Leonhart fanfic, Smile, and another story called Special, which isn't out yet. Sorry!

I got home safely, left the basket from the bakeshop at the counter and went up to my room. Paula and the others probably saw my paper because they weren't scolding me right now.

Now that my great adventure is done, there are a few minutes until a servant calls for lunch. I'm still a bit bored.

I took a piece of paper, a quill and an ink bottle and went to my desk. I wanted to write a letter for Ciel.

Ciel's birthday is in a few days, although may be a bit too early, I want to start making his birthday gift. I'm thinking of giving him a letter and a stuffed animal toy. His parents are planning a big party for his 10th birthday! I want his birthday to be the best birthday he can have!

I remember my own 10th birthday. I was wearing the cutest dress! It was a pink long dress with purple frills and small lilacs on the waistline. I remember having my corset even tighter than it used to be, that dress was extra slim!

Ciel was there too! He wasn't that happy because I'm growing older than him. He just came to support me. He has to get used to me aging faster than him!

Paula knocked on the door and a faint voice called out, "Milady, it's time for lunch!" Guess that's my cue.

I went downstairs and sat down on my chair. I was going to eat alone today, mother and father still aren't finished with work. We usually see Edward on holidays and weekends. Father is always comes back late, mother sometimes comes with him to work when he has a huge workload.

"For lunch, you will be having lettuce salad and orange juice. Eat up!" Paula said cheerfully.

She stood behind me watching me eat. Its either there was nothing else she could do, or she wanted to supervise me. I guess I should give her the brioche now.

"Hey, Paula" I shouted. She went closer and I went to the basket on the counter, wrapped it in a clean tissue paper and put it on my hands and reached it out to her. "Eh? Milady, what is this?" She looked hesitant but took the brioche with a tint a red on her face. She removed the tissue paper from the top of the brioche and had a surprised look on her face.

"Lady Elizabeth, is this brioche? Why are you giving me this..?" She asked cupping her bright red cheek. "Its for you silly! I thought you might want some since I went to the bakeshop across the street earlier." She looked at the pastry, then back at me. "Can I eat it now?" She asked. "Of course Paula! You can sit down right next to me!" I pat the seat next to me and looked at her with a smile.

"I-I can't do that milady! A maid like me should never sit next to her lady!" She blushed like a tomato and wagged her fingers, not wanting to sit next to me. "You don't want to sit next to me then?" I wore a sad face and looked Paula in the eye. "N-no! Its not like that! Its just-!" She was making weird noises, looking for her words. I just pulled her into a hug, looked up at her and smiled, "Just sit next to me. Its no big deal right?" She just looked at me from below her and I slowly sat her to the chair while hugging her. "Now let's eat!" I sat on my own chair and took some of the leafy greens to my mouth.

Paula started eating at ease and so did I, we had small talk and I told her about my trip outside, but something has been bothering me, "Can I ask you something Paula?" I looked at her, she was chewing bits of brioche, looking adorable. "What is it Lady Elizabeth?" She asked with a muffled voice, still chewing. "Why did the chef give me lettuce salad and orange juice? I would've wanted tenderloin ribs with shrimp sauce and blue lime tea instead you know." I pouted. Paula knows me a lot, so she should have objected when the chef was making the salad, I eat meat more than greens, I'm not a big juice lover either. Paula of all people should know that!

"What do you mean milady? I made the food." She said smiling. Paula made this? "Where's the chef?" I asked, surprised. Paula can cook! "Don't you remember? His son is very ill, so he took a leave this morning. The second chef still hasn't arrived. Since I'm the only servant who can cook edible food, the Marchioness told me I'll be cooking your meals for now!" Paula clapped her hands cheerfully. I looked at Paula, arms crossed with an unimpressed face. "Why did you make me lettuce salad!?" I stomped.

"I'm so sorry milady! The only things I can cook are salads and vegetables! I'm really sorry!" She bowed repeatedly. "Is that so? It's okay then. I never knew you couldn't cook! I'll cook with you next time if you ask me!" I pat Paula's head while she was bowing. "You can cook milady?" She asked. "Of course! Fencing isn't my only class you know! I also take classes that can make me a good wife! Most ladies who polish themselves take classes like cooking so they can be a great wife! Nobody taught you how to cook a proper meal? What if you become a  housewife someday?" I asked. 

Since Paula was born in the lower classes, it would be normal if she didn't take classes, but nobody taught her any proper skills a lady should have! Did nobody think Paula would be a housewife someday? "Nobody taught me milady. What if I become a housewife someday? I would never become a housewife! If you were with your brother when he picked me up, you would never think I'll be come a great housewife!" Paula laughed to herself, and I stared at her.

"What do you mean? Your beautiful! Even if you were covered in dirt, your still beautiful!" I smiled at her. She stared at me and smiled, "Exactly, I would never become a housewife because of my beauty. That's why I owe Sir Edward for saving me. I would have never been anything without him." She smiled and tears started forming in her glassy eyes. "I'll be leaving now Lady Elizabeth. Thank you for the chat, it was enjoyed." She walked away slowly and wiped her eyes. What was that all about?