Chapter 8

Connor’s P.O.V. (When he wakes up)

I hear a faint voice speaking but I can’t tell who it belongs too and what they are saying. I feel this pounding in my head and it won’t go away. I groan aloud. My senses are starting to come back. I must have groaned aloud because I heard the voice say they have to go. My eye’s start to flutter open, I open my eye’s to reveal a bright light and instantly groan again.

“Connor! Man, you alright? You had us all worried.” I notice the person who spoke earlier was Ben. I take in my surroundings. I’m in a hospital! What happened!

Just as I think that all my memories start flooding back to me. I got tackled, badly but the looks of it.

“Ben, what are you doing here?” I asked. I had to admit I was curious. If he was here, does that mean Jake and Nell are too? Oh, a full house.

“Well, you got hurt.”

“And..?” I asked. He’s really not making any sense.

“Your mom called and said you were hurt, that’s all we needed to here. We took the first flight we could get up here.” I was deeply touched by his words. I haven’t seen any of them for so long I forgot how loving they can be. Growing up, they always had my back, no matter what. I just couldn’t believe they were here. Wait, ‘we?’ as in plural?

“When you say ‘we,’ do you mean Jake and Nell are here too?”

“Of course. Speaking of Nell, she asked me to call her as soon as you woke up. I should probably call Kali and try Cody again and let them know.”

Oh Nell. She was always so nosy. Had to know everything we were doing. She’d follow Jake and me around everywhere. If she couldn’t follow us she’d follow Ben, Tyler, or Tim!

Ben walked to the corner of the room and dialed a number into his phone.

“Hey Nell, Connor’s up. Just thought I’d let you know.”  He listened as she replied.

“No problem, bye.”

He hangs up and then dial’s another number. “Hey Kali, Con’s up.” A few seconds later he replied “Ok, did you get ahold of Cody?” She must be talking because he burst out laughing. “Yup, that sounds like something Cody would do. See you soon.”

Ben turned to me with a smile on his face. “Your family is something else, you know that? Cody fell asleep on the couch with his phone on silent. That’s why he wasn’t here right away. Kali went home to gather some of your personal things to make this room livelier, when she walked in she saw him sitting there snoring so loud she sore “the people down the block could hear him.” She was so mad at him she hit him with her purse and started yelling at him. Poor old man didn’t even know what he did wrong. Gosh, how I’ve missed you guys.”

“So Nell and Jake are on their way up?” I asked. A little excited. The last time I saw them was back in Georgia. I miss them. They’re part of the reason why I bought that house. Jake and I talked almost every day. We’re still extremely close. I email Ben every few months, but I haven’t talked to Nell in 6 years. Don’t get me wrong, I frequently asked Jake and Ben how she was doing, but it’s not the same. I miss her feisty personality. There’s been many a time where I’ve pranked her or tricked her and she definitely could dish it back.

I asked Jake a few months back where Nell was living, when he said the same old how I was shocked. I would have thought she’s get far away from that town. It had some terrible memories for her. She had to deal with her mother’s torture the most out of all of them and to hear that she was still living with the hag shocked me to no get out!