Chapter 11

Nellie’s P.O.V.

Vince, the doctor, walked in at that moment. The boys all stood up straighter, anticipating to hear the news.

“Hello, Nell. How’ve you been?”

“I’ll be better once I find out when Con gets out.”

“Well I guess I’ll tell you the news. Connor you can get out today you’ll just have to fill out some paper work and you can be on your way.”

“Thank you so much Vince!” I’m so excited by the news, I go ballistic. I jump up and hug Vince, pecking him on the cheek. I then do the same to Jake and the twins. Gavin stared at me, pouting. I laughed going to hug him too.

Lastly, I ran and sat on the edge of Connor’s bed. I give him a big hug and kiss his cheek as well.

“Connor, do you know what this means? We get to go home soon!” He chuckles loudly.

“Don’t forget I’m healthier, little thing like that.” I lightly hit his arm.

“Of course I didn’t forget! I just miss home so much. I miss little Lucy, Molly, Scott, Josh, oh and even mom!”

“Whoa there cowgirl, don’t get ahead of yourself. First, can we worry about getting me out of here?”

“Sure thing. I’ll be back in a minute; I’m going to go get the papers.”

Connor’s P.O.V.  (From when the doctor walks in the door)

The doctor walked right into my room with a smile on his face. I could already tell there was going to be good news. Either that or he was happy to see Nell.

“Hello Nell. How’ve you been?” I’m going to take a wild guess and go with the later.

“I’ll be better once I find out when Con gets out.” I can’t help but chuckle silently. Damn, that girl has sass. She’s a feisty one, but I guess that’s one thing you have to like about her.

“Well I guess I’ll tell you the news. Connor you can get out today you’ll just have to fill out some paper work and you can be on your way.”

“Thank you so much Vince!” I haven’t seen Nell this excited since we were kids.

He hugs the doctor and gives him a peck on the cheek. I’m not going to lie, I didn’t like the sight of that, but I know she’s just excited. I mean it’s not like she has feelings for him, I think.

She then proceeds to hug everyone else, saving the best for last. Me, of course.

She sits on the edge of the bed and leans over, being careful not to hurt me.

She hugs me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. She pulls back blushing, but ends up lying down on the bed with me. She puts her hands behind her head and crosses her ankles. I look up at Jake with a raised eyebrow; she really hasn’t changed a bit. I glance to the left and notice a scowl on the doctor’s face. He obviously doesn’t like how close we are. I smirk at him. With that he turns and makes an escape out of my crowded room.

“Connor, do you know what this means? We get to go home soon!” I chuckle at her words. She sure does love that town.

“Don’t forget I’m healthier, little thing like that.” She lightly hits me in the arm.

“Of course I didn’t forget! I just miss home so much. I miss little Lucy, Molly, Scott, Josh, oh and even mom!”

“Whoa there cowgirl, don’t get ahead of yourself. First, can we worry about getting me out of here?”