Chapter 11

Leo was shocked to hear that I went to the doctors I said to him,

~Elizabeth~ "Babe I am 8 and 1/2 months pregnant I had to go to the doctors to make sure I wasn't in labor."
~Leo~ "So... Are you going to be overdue?"
~Elizabeth~ "I don't know honey it depends if the baby wants to come on time or not."

After we had that conversation our 5 year old just came out of the bathroom and didn't say a word to me or Leo.

Later that night when we all were in bed I kept feeling cramps from the baby. I quickly shot out of bed and woke up Leo. He said,

~Leo~ "Babe what's wrong?"
~Elizabeth~ "I ow think ow I ow am ow in ow labor ow do ow you ow mind ow driving ow me ow to ow the ow hospital ow please."

Leo helped me get the girls together so we could go to the hospital and deliver our baby girl.

We went into the girls room and I got Hermione out of bed she now no longer has a bed without rails, on the other hand Hayley does.

When we got into the car Leo buckled up the 2 kids. I climbed into the passenger seat and after Leo buckled in the 2 girls he climbed into the drivers seat and he started the engine.

It only took us 25 minutes to arrive at the hospital, when we arrived Leo ran inside to grab a wheelchair and a nurse.

When the nurse came out with the wheelchair I got out of the car and sat down, my contractions where 4 minutes apart.

Leo got the strollers out of the back of the car and he got the girls out from the backseat and put them in their strollers Leo had handed me the overnight bag and the nurse put it on the handle of the wheelchair.

We got into the hospital and we went up to the 4th floor that where labor and delivery was.

We were in L&D #1 and the nurse that came out to our car was the one who stayed in and hooked me up to the monitor.

She had asked me,

~The nurse~ "Can I ask you a few questions Madam?"
~Elizabeth~ "Sure."

So she started with,

~The Nurse~ "What is your full name?"
~Elizabeth~ "Elizabeth Carter DiCaprio."
~The nurse~ "Mrs. DiCaprio you are in labor am I correct?"
~Elizabeth~ "Yes. My contractions are 4 minutes apart."

She had stuck her hand up to see how many centimeters I was and she said,

~The nurse~ "Okay Mrs. DiCaprio you are 6 centimeters dilated so I am going to break your water okay."

Next thing I knew she stuck her hand back in and broke my water it turns out that she is going to do my delivery. 

She stepped out of the room to do some charting and I was thinking in my head girl names that started with H. None came to mind though I said to Leo,

~Elizabeth~ "Maybe this one doesn't have to start with an H maybe it could be Jessica."
~Leo~ "Okay, Jessica Marie DiCaprio?"
~Elizabeth~ "Sounds good to me."

The nurse came back in and checked me again and I was now 9 centimeters one more to see our healthy baby girl. Leo was going to be surrounded by girls and he couldn't help that.

Leo was holding my hand and the two girls were on the couch in our room asleep. We really got them up early so it was nice that they are sleeping. 

The nurse went out for just 2 seconds and then came back in, when she did she was dressed in her blue so I could push.

I finally reached my last centimeter so when my next contraction came the nurse was instructing me to push so with all the might that I had I pushed and pushed.