(1.8) maddie slams her door and throws herself down on her bed and cries.

Go read "words" and "relatable things" by me! Also, this chapter is a conversation between Maddie & her mom. ok, bye.

Maddie walks into her cosy house and shuts the door.

Maddie: "Mom, I'm home from school!"

Mom: "Nice to see you, honey. Now explain this?"

Maddie's mom holds up her shiny iPhone and on it appears her conversations with Lucas that Maddie had saved.

Maddie: "There's my phon— wait you went through my phone?!"

Mom: "I'm your mom! I'm allowed to...now back to you. Who is this 'Donald Duck' and why are you texting him and telling him personal stuff?"

Maddie: "Because! He's my friend, and I can do whatever I want! I saved your åss! And at least I didn't tell him you practically shoved Kenzie out of her and threw her out like garbage."

Mom: "I did no such thing!"

Maddie: "You told her she had to leave or you'd kill her."

Maddie glares at her pathetic mother.

Mom: "...."

Maddie walks up the staircase and stares at her mother.

Maddie: "Silence? Exactly. Now keep your nose out of business!"

Maddie snatches her phone from her mother, and makes a beeline for her room.

Maddie slams her door and throws herself down on her bed and cries.