(2.0) was she in love? no, maddie ziegler can not be in love

Donald Duck would like to FaceTime....

Request accepted

"Hey," Lucas voice spooked Maddie and almost made her fall of her chair.

"Um....hi?" Maddie said confused. She had so many emotions flying everywhere and she couldn't help noticing how cute Lucas was. Maddie didn't feel so confident anymore and wanted to hang up on Lucas.

"You're prettier than I expected you to be," Lucas said. He blushed and was gonna start apologizing to Maddie until she caught him off.

"Wow...and you're even more annoying than I expected you to be," she shot at him. Inside she was freaking out that Lucas had called her pretty.

"Sorry," Lucas apologized regretting the awkward moment they both had just experienced. He had barely known Maddie and now he was getting all flustered and nervous talking to her — over the phone. They were 13,056 miles away from each other and she still somehow ended up every single moment of the day stuck in Lucas' head.

"What's up?" Maddie said feeling awkward, but trying as hard as she could to keep the conversation going. She really did want to keep talking to Lucas. She liked his voice, it relaxed her and made her feel more calm.

"Talking to you, duh!" Lucas joked.

"Right..." Maddie dragged on. She blushed of embarrassment and really wanted to hang up, but she also really wanted to keep talking to Lucas. So she did.

"Did my mom really text you all that?"

"Yeah," Lucas laughed.

"Wow. She really is batshît crazy," Maddie laughed along with Lucas. His laugh was one of the most beautifulest noisiest she had ever heard — that sounded weird and wrong at the same time. Why was she thinking all these crazy thoughts over a boy who lives 13,056 miles away? Was she in love? No, Maddie Ziegler can not be in love.

---------------

Words: 314 words
Five more chapters!
-jenn