(2.1) i like you too, lucas!

"Hey, you still there?" Lucas asked hoping Maddie didn't forget him.

"Oh...yeah! Sorry. Just...uh..thinking?" Maddie said trying to cover up that she was paying attention to Lucas' face instead of what he was saying.

"So. How have you been?" Lucas asked feeling the awkward tension.

"My sister 'died,' my parents are getting divorced, my mom's a psychopath, and I'm hungry. Everything's coming up Maddie!" Maddie exaggerated and said with sarcasm in her voice. She looked at Lucas' face and started regretting what she had just said and started apologizing.

"S-,"

"Oh-,"

"I-,"

They both said at the same time.

"You can talk!" Maddie said feeling very awkward.

"No, you can," Lucas said wanting to end the call and run away and live in Vietnam.

"I wanted to say sorry," Maddie said.

"So did I. I should've known better," Lucas apologized. "It's just..."

"It's just what?" Maddie asked started feeling anxious.

"I really, really, really like you Maddie!" Lucas blurted out and started blushing. "Oh my! S-,"

"I like you too, Lucas!"

FaceTime ended by Donald Duck

---------
Wasn't that a plot twist? Four more chapters woohoo! Also, I changed the cover, because it said "13,801 thousand miles away."

So I decided to take off the 'thousand,' change the background, get the right number of how far Canada is from New Zealand and change it!

Now I feel much better. Bye. Oh, and I may start signing off with just a 'j.' This is a long authors note!

Words: 254

-j