F.R.I.E.N.D.S

I woke up at 6:00am staring blankly at the ceiling, comprehending the events that had taken place last night . I tried repeatedly falling back to sleep hundreds of times but failed, so I gave up.
I swear I never had this problem at home.

While I lay in my bed I listened out for any sign of life from Nicks room to show he had woken up, but I heard nothing apart from the faint sound of snoring, which was the opposite of relaxing.
So with nothing else to do I reluctantly stood up changed into my Polar bear onesie and silently crept out through the abandoned hallways of the apartment into the living room.My classes didn't start till 10:00pm and finished at 4:00pm , so I had ages till I really needed to get ready.

I turned on the TV and it automatically switched on a the local morning talk show "Good Morning Madison".It featured two over the top presenters Jill and Jim who were a married couple with pristine pearly white smiles and tangerine orange shaded skin.They lived the dream life together , taking vacations whenever the pleased to the most glorious parts of the world.They seemed so peaceful and content together .
However,in my teen gossip magazines I read that they were thinking of a divorce.

Why do people lie on TV if all the gossip magazines are going to find out the reality anyway?what's the point? Your just making it a thousand times bigger than it already is.Although that's what some people want I guess,attention.

However that completely contradicts with my personal preference of never being seen or spoken about , I usually just stand at the back of the room trying to disguise into the furniture.

I was still exhausted from the night before, the horrific party.It was a one hundred percent , utterly Nicks fault.He should never even considered inviting his loud,irritating friends over to wreck my home.
And yes I say my home so far as I'm the only one has treated it like one so far.

I got barely an hours sleep.Therefore decide to try and take a quick nap to regain some energy before Nick wakes up, because I already know that I will never get any peace then.

I woke up startled ,not quite sure how long I'd been asleep for, with a white fluffy blanket tucked over me and a bowl of cereal (lucky charms) on the coffee table in front of me.I look around suspiciously to see Nick sitting in the arm chair beside me, his arms crossed over his chest .
"What do you want ?" I ask stretching my arms to fully awaken my body.
"Good morning to you too "he says sarcastically before winking at me.
I scowl at him in disapproval and sit up to grab the bowl of cereal.
"We need to talk"he says staring me right in the eyes.
"No you need aspirin"I nod chuckling at my comeback.
"Oh ha ha ,"he says pulling a goofy expression "anyways can we talk ?"
"About?"I reply slurping up the milk from the spoon.
"Last night"he says , trying to remind me.
As if I seriously don't remember.
"Oh yeah night of torture"I say rolling my eyes.
"Yeah look I'm sorry about the whole thing," he says laying back into the chair"I shouldn't have got drunk or even invited my friends over and having a party was out of line".
"Yeah it kinda was"I agree.
"So I'm sorry "he apologises his hands in his jean pockets.
"It's fine really"I say reassuring him.Even though inside I'm still a bit angry with him.
I mean he did technically ruin my first night at college.
"Did you clean up and put me to bed?"he asks curiously.
"Yeah all me "I tell him.
"Thanks I know I'm hard to deal with "he says admits scratching the back of his neck.
"Don't mention it ".
"And I'm sorry if I did something stupid last night , when I'm drunk I kind of go crazy "he continues.
"I guessed that " we both laugh.
"Hey to make it up to you why don't we watch a movie and then go out to the park you haven' t even been there yet".
I have been to the park before when I was younger , but I didn't want to ruin the moment by saying so.
"Okay fine," I agree placing the empty bowl on the coffee table in front of me"but first some garbage bags need to be dumped and they have your name on them".

"What movie?" He asks.
I think about all my favourite movies and TV shows and finally decide after many mental debates.
"Let's watch loads of Friends episodes!" I say waving my hands around probably a little to excitedly.
"Okay"he says laughing and puts on a Friends episode.
THE ONE WITH MRS BING

We sit there for an hour watching countless Friends episodes together,me constantly laughing really loud and then covering my mouth of embarrassment.When Halfway through we start talking.
"What's your last name ?'he asks.
"Waterson,"I reply with a smile."what about you?"
"Cole"he answers staring at me.
"What?" I ask curiously.
'Nothing" he says with a smirk plastered on his face.
We carry on watching for a few more minutes when he strikes up conversation again.
"Who do you live with at home ?"he asks me pausing the TV and letting his gaze slowly meet mine.
"Well, It's just me and my Mom at the moment , because my dad walked out on us when I was three ,and last thing I heard he now lives in Vegas with his new girlfriend Vicky in their huge 3 story house and he works at a casino ".
Nick stares at me and then says"Well he was a jerk".
I can't hold back a fit of laughter.
"What about you?who do you live with?"
"Well, I live with my 3 younger brothers, and my older sister moved to L.A about a year and a half ago ,and my folks are awesome they let me do whatever I want really but they can be embarrassing "Nick informs me.
I don't know what's suddenly happened but Nick has changed to what he was like yesterday.Yesterday he was a cocky jerk face, but now he's a sensitive kind person , maybe we can get along without arguing all the time.
Just maybe.

For a exactly two hours we just sit there on that cream couch together watching Friends on the screen, occasionally glancing at each other.

Maybe Nick isn't as bad as I thought?