New york nightmare

"Oh Nick I can't believe this ,New York City!"I yell twirling around in circles .
"The big apple,"Nick agrees"now come on we better catch a cab to our hotel".
I nod enthusiastically and lead the way down the hallway ,I don't know the way but I follow signs that say "Exit".
Suddenly the exit doors come into view and race to them ,however once I reach them  I stop  .I take a deep breath and step outside the doors.
The fresh air hits me and I'm surrounded by flashing lights ,busy crowds and yellow taxis speeding down the road .I breath in The New York air and sigh.
I've wanted to visit the city  since I was little.I remember seeing a picture of New York in a travel magazine when I was 5 years old with my mom ,I can still remember the moment in my head as if it was a few days ago.
"Mommy "
"Yes sweetheart "
"Where's that place ?"
"Oh honey that's New York"
"Well can we go there?"
"Oh sweetie we will have to save up to go the NYC"
"Mommy but why ?i want to go!"
"I wish is was just as easy as that ,but with  your father gone pumpkin I just cant afford it right now "
"Oh"
"I'm sorry pops,but one day I promise we will go there,together"
"really?!"
"Yeah sure now come on let's go".

So you see it has always been my dream but never happened ,and now Nick turns it into a reality.

Suddenly I feel Nick grab my arm snapping me out of my daydream.
"Hey where did you go?i thought I'd lost you "he says panting.
"Oh sorry,"I say coming back to reality"I just couldn't wait to see it"I say my head tilting up.
"Well we can see it later,"Nick laughs now come on let's get a cab too the hotel to drop off our suitcases and then let's go out".
"Perfect "I say smiling.
Nick manages to call over a Taxi and I jump inside.Its warm and the seats are really comfortable.
"Where too ?"the driver asks.
Nick quickly says the name of our hotel before we drive away.
We pass the Empire State Building,time Square,I can see the Statue of Liberty way off in the distance and so much more.We pass thousands of people on the streets with shopping bags and brief cases.Loud noises of shouting and cars, I look out the window and see Central Park.I can feel my jaw dropping so I quickly shut my mouth just as we pull up.
The hotel is decorated with white lights and a carpet leading indoors,the windows a huge long size and expensive cars parked outside.I see the sign of the hotel and my eyes widen, The Hilton.
"Nick !You got the Hilton!"
"Yeah,"He smiles "do you like it ?"
"Like it,I love it !i could kiss you right now!"
"Then don't hesitate".
Before I get the chance to think Nick pulls me into a kiss.
I relax and my arms slide around his neck .
"Here you go".
The driver dumps the bags at our feet and we break apart.
"Oh thanks ".

I sigh and look around.
This is everything I've ever wanted.
Nick hands our cases to the bell boy and we start walking away.
"This is so exciting!"I yell.
"Welcome to New York princess now move along"a guy says as he walks past.
"God someone's grouchy"I say frowning at him.
"Hey watch your mouth miss"he says holding up a fist to me.
"Don't you dare threaten her"Nick says pushing the guy backwards.
"Don't cause trouble with me kid"He says poking Nick on the chest.
"I'm not just don't say that to my girl!"
Suddenly people around us start staring and I grab Nicks shoulder.
"Come on leave it Nick let's just go".
"No!"Nick shouts "not until he apologises to you ".
"Fine I'm sorry princess now beat it move!"
Nick lets the guy brush past him thankfully and turns around.
"Nick you didn't have too-"
Suddenly Nick raises his fist and punches the guys cheek sending him to the floor, drops of blood pouring out his nose.
The crowd around us gasp and three people rush to the mans aid.
"Nick !what have you done?!"I yell shocked.
"Look he caused this!"Nick points at the guy.
"Yeah but you didn't have to hit him!"I start to panic.What If somebody calls the cops on us?Surely fights like this happen all the time?Our perfect trip is ruined?What will everyone think?
"Em this guys trouble!"
I walk over to the guy and kneel down.
"Sir are you alright?"
He pushes me away, and looks at Nick.
"You asshole!"
I slowly take steps away.
"Em where are you going?"Nick asks.
"Away from you".
I shake my head at him breathing quickly.I just have to get away from here.
Suddenly I push past the crowds of people urgently.I run as fast as I can down the street even though i have never been to this city before.I run into Central Park and sit down on a bench , wiping away my tears.
"Look what's wrong kid?"
A old woman sitting next to me asks , her cigarette in her hand.
"Oh I'm sorry , I didn't mean to-"
"Ah don't worry about it ,"she throws her cigarette away"now whats wrong ?"
"Well, I have had an argument with my boyfriend "I tell her.
"Oh god,"she shakes her head "that's all you girls think now , about boyfriends and not about your grades".
"Oh no miss I care deeply about my grades,"I defend myself "and my boyfriend".
"Then have a night out alone ,have some fun and don't just be someone's girlfriend ,be you ".
"Do you know,I think I will "I stand up"thank you mam you have been s great help".
I shake her hand and give her five dollars "a thank you gift ".
She grins at me and I walk away straight into the night club opposite.