Time off at a theme park

"You'll be fine ,it's just one crappy exam ".
"You don't understand I could fail my whole course ".

Nick try's to comfort me as I highlight all the relevant facts in my textbook for the exam,trying to take it all in.The reason I'm so stressed out is because I can't remember anything for the test this afternoon , which means I'm probably going to fail. Nicks right, it isn't our final exam so it doesn't determine whether I fail or pass , but I got a scholarship so I can afford to get a  terrible grade on any of the tests really.

"Look,"Nick cups my chin in his hands and grins at me "your so smart you don't even need to revise ,you'll ace this stupid exam don't worry".
I wish I could just ace a test without revising .
"Thanks for trying to help me out ,but it's impossible I can't concentrate "I bury my face in my hands.
Nick raises his eyebrows as he thinks ,when suddenly he taps my shoulder.
"Let's go out and do something fun to take your mind off the test  !"
The last thing that I need is fun right now but I suppose it will probably take my mind off the exam.
"Okay,"I sigh closing the textbook "But we need to be back by 1:30".
"Well it's 10:00am now so That gives us"Nick pauses to work out the time .
"3 1/2 hours"I interrupt.
"See ,so smart "Nick kisses my forehead.

Nick won't tell me where we are going so I don't know what's suitable to wear,which is a really awkward situation as most girls will know .So I just style my hair in two braids ,I wear a stripy crop top with a blue denim jacket on the top,denim shorts ,white converse and I wear a red lipstick to set it off.
Nick knocks on my bedroom door.
"Come in"I stand up from my makeup table and walk to the door .
Nick walks in wearing his favourite white t shirt,Black jeans and black white sneakers ,his hair just swept too one side .
"Well you look amazing "Nick nods his head.
"You don't look that bad yourself"I giggle.
"Come on let's get going "Nick wraps his arm around me and leads me out the door .

Once we are in the parking lot I see Nicks white truck parked behind the library under a willow tree.
"Great ride "I tell him as I jump in the passengers seat.
"Thanks it was my dad's but he gave it to me"Nick answer as he puts the key in the ignition .
Even though I have known Nick quite a while I have never been in the car with him .
"Do you have a car?"Nick questions as he pulls out of campus.
"Obviously ,"I say staring out the window "an old jaguar ".
Nick chuckles .
Suddenly my phone vibrates in my lap ,I pick it up and see Rebecca's name on the screen.
GREAT SEEING YOU THE OTHER DAY .SHOULD DO IT AGAIN SOME TIME SOON.HOWS IT GOING WITH THE BAD ASS?XXX
I angle my body away from Nick so he can't read what I'm writing .
YEAH WE TOTALLY NEED TO DO IT AGAIN.AND ME AND THE BAD ASS KIND OF HAVE A THING GOING :0) <3XXX
I hit send and seconds later I get a response .
OMG !!NO WAY ,THATS GREAT IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU .DANIEL IS IN THE PAST:)XXX
I smile to myself and type quickly .
YEP SO FAR IN THE PAST I CANT EVEN REMEMBER HIM .GTG WITH NICKXXX

OKAY HAVE FUN ,BUT NOT TO MUCH FUN XXX

A smile and turn my phone off .Its as if Rebecca and I were still best friends in high school and there was no argument over Daniel.

"Em?"Nick asks looking across at me while we are at traffic lights.
"Yes?"
"I need to ask you something ?"he looks at me and bites his lip.
"What is it?"I ask, not sure if I should be concerned.
Is he dumping me ?Does he like someone else?is it Daniel all over again?
"I was wondering if ,you'd be my girlfriend .Like when ever my friends come over or when my folks visit I can call you my girlfriend not just my good friend or roommate ".
I'm stunned .
"Nick of course I'll be your girlfriend "I smile at him .
Nick leans over and kisses me before the light goes green.
I'm so excited that I'm shaking and I start fiddling with my hair.
"Now that your my girlfriend you need to get a tattoo of my name".
"What ?!"I exclaim.
"I'm kidding !"Nick laughs and squeezes my hand.
"Phew!"I sigh and we hold hands.

We drive for about 20 minutes when Nick finally pulls up in front of a huge sign that says ,
MADISON THEME PARK.

"Surprise !"Nick says pointing to the sign and turning off the truck engine.
"A theme park?"I ask.
"Yep!"
I love theme parks I'm just sometimes scared to ride some of the roller coasters , I mean come on upside down ?!
"This is awesome just-"I tell Nick as I unbuckle my seatbelt .
"What?'Nick asks.
"I'm a bit scared of roller coasters "I confess .
"You'll be fine I'll ride them with you"Nick grins and jumps out the car
I sigh and jump out of the passengers seat.
Why did I agree to this ?

We walk to the ticket booth together , holding hands, and I start to feel nervous again.
"How many ?"The old lady asks inside the booth.
She looks totally miserable , but I guess I would be too if I had to spend everyday in the boiling hot sun doing the same thing over and over again .
"Just 2 "Nick replies fumbling for his wallet .
"That will be $75 ".
$75 !thats a bit expensive for 2 hours at a theme park.
"Nick don't pay that kind of money let's just go back"I grab his arm and drag him away from the ticket booth.
"Look,I promised you a day of fun so that's what your going to get ,I'm not going to let you down ".
I admire Nicks determination to please me but he doesn't have to do this .
Suddenly I see him walk up to a fence marked employees only .
"Come on!"He jumps over.
"Nick no way we can't !"I object.
"Come on it will be fun".
I give in and slowly walk over , trying not to attract attention to myself .
I quickly climb up and once I'm on the other side Nick wraps his arms around my waist and lowers me down.
"Now follow me ".
We creep past the staff room and are inside the theme park .
"Wait we need wristbands "I remind him pointing to our wrists .
"No problem "he walks over to a wristband booth and leans on the side .
Then by "accident"he knocks the box of wristbands over with his arm .
"I'm so sorry let me help ".
Nick places them all back in the box except for two that he shoves in his back Jean pocket .
I shake my head at him as he walks back over .
"Problem solved ".
I giggle as he ties it on my wrist.
I kiss his cheek and then he looks up.
"What?"I say .
He grins and then kisses me on the lips , wrapping his arms around my waist.
"I love you Emma Waterson".
My whole face is frozen with shock, did he just drop the L bomb.I have always been quite unsure and Particular about who I say those three words to, however with Nick there is no hesitation.
"I love you too Nick Cole".
"Okay let's go on some rides "we hold hands and explore the theme park.

We ride on the go karts first and Nick try's to race me but I win, and the prize is a candy floss bought by Nick.
As we stroll towards the roller coasters I decide to ask Nick a question .
"Nick?"I say Candy floss all around my mouth .
"Yes "he smirks.
"The first day we met was it a mixup or was one of us in the wrong room?"I ask curiously .
"I was actually meant to share a room with a guy from my high school that I hated so I took a chance and tried the room next door "he grins at me .
"I wonder who I was supposed to share with then?"I question .
"Some guy called Daniel ".
Daniel!My ex.I can't believe that I was going to share a room with him , thank god that Nick got there first.

"What's wrong ?"Nick asks wrapping his arm round me .
"Nothing"I say shaking my head .
"Let's go on this roller coaster".

We ride the roller coaster and I almost start crying but Nick helps me through it and hugs me which helps.

Suddenly as we are leaving the ride a security guard walks up to us .
"Your the one that snuck in over the fence Come with me !"But it's not Nick he's talking to , it's me .
Crap he saw me jumping the fence!
He grabs my arm and starts pulling me towards the exit .
"Ouch let go!"
"What's your problem Asshole leave her alone she's with me !"Nick starts following us .
"Thats it both of you out then!"he pushes us out the exit door .
Nick stands there his face bright red of anger .

"Nick it's fine let's go back "I stroke his arm.
"I'm sorry I just wanted you to have a fun time that's all , this has spoiled it "Nick punches the air .
"This has not been spoiled ,I got a chance to spend time with you which is all I want "I stroke his cheek.
"Do You know how perfect you are"Nick says hugging me .
"I know I'm amazing "I say sarcastically and we both laugh .

Nick kisses me ,just as the theme park parade fireworks are set off , it's like a scene from a romance movie with a perfect ending .

Once we arrive back at the apartment I pack my bag to take to the exam.
"Good luck you'll ace it "Nick says before kissing my cheek.
"Thanks,"I say resting my head on his shoulder "by the way how did you do on your exam yesterday ?"
"A*"he tells me as I open the door to leave .
"How can I top that?"I say as I walk down the hallway to my exam .

It turns out Nick was right , fun was what I needed . I was calm in the exam and passed with an A*.My BOYFRIEND is a hero...