Homework

Tegan's P.O.V
February 2015

~~~

"Dear me,

This year I'm doing school online again. It's a bit strange because I'm missing out on normal experiences.

I do miss Nathan. Him and Romeo spent time together last summer. Romeo explained everything to him. He invited him to come to one of the concerts when we're in Paris. I'd love to see that lad again. I hope he can come!

Online classes have been going pretty well. As an elective I'm taking Creative Writing. That's also motivated me to start journaling again.

For English this semester, we've got to write a narrative essay. Basically, you have to pick an experience and write about it and it's impact on your life.

Writing the essay happened pretty easy for me though. I've began to realize I have a passion for writing. Songs, journaling, short stories, even essays.

Maybe that's what I want to do when I get older. Maybe I want to be a writer.

-TJS"

~~~

"What're you doing, T?" Zayn comes into my hotel room.

I'm sitting on my bed with papers spread out.

"Mathematics," I groan.

"Need help?" He sits down on the edge of my bed.

"Zayn, take this lightly, but did you even finish school?"

"Oi! I see you're channeling some inner Tommo today." He chuckles. "Hit me with your best shot!"

"Okay," I smirk.

I flip through some pages of my notebook.

"I'm learning about Polynomials." I raise my eyebrows.

"What the fuck?" He snatches my notes out of my hands.

His eyes move along my notes, scanning the words.

"You see, you don't need to know this." He points the notebook at me. "Us lads are successful and we don't know shit about poly animals."

I throw my head back laughing.

"It's polynomials!" I correct him in between laughs. "Besides, how you're successful is exactly what you told me not to do."

I reach over taking my notebook back. I place it on the sheets in front of me. I turn my head back up to Zayn who's watching me, silently.

"What?" I laugh.

"If you want to sign a record deal, you can. I'm not going to stand in the way of you." He begins. "Romeo signed his about four months ago, so if you're thinking about it, I'll still stand by you."

"I don't think that's what I want to do." I admit.

~~~