Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

The Beginning

May 8, 2011. Sunday. They had a sunrise wedding at the chapel in Hacienda Sotto.

When they were pronounced as husband and wife, Third bestowed a short kiss on her lips. It was their first kiss. It was followed by several more lingering kisses during the reception. But they weren’t the torrid kisses. His tongue never went beyond her lips.

Aboard a private plane he hired, they went to Los Angeles, California for their five-day honeymoon. Third had just let Iryn rested all throughout their trip. He rested as well.

They reached their hotel suite Sunday evening. They checked in Beverly Suite of The Peninsula Beverly Hills. It was a 750 sq. ft. suite with bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining table for two and balcony. It also had residential bar setup, oversized executive work desk and in-room safe.

Its luxurious marble bathroom featured separate shower stall, bathtub, toilet cubicle and double sinks. It also had hands-free telephone, stereo system, hair dryer, fully stocked bathroom amenities, bathrobes and slippers.

Its audio visual communication features included a 40” LCD HDTV with DVR functionality in both living room and bedroom, Blu-ray player, technology panel for iPod and A/V connectivity, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless internet access, dual-line cordless telephones with voicemail system, multi-function printer with private fax number and Bose stereo.

He didn’t choose the biggest suite because he opted for much closer proximity with Iryn.

They opted for a room-service dinner in their first night.  They dined while talking.

He voiced out her observation, “You’ve been very silent all throughout our trip from the airport until here.”

She had replied in a very casual manner, “I got nothing to say, Third.”

Third asked her, “Don’t you have any questions?”

Iryn informed him, “Lola and Mama already told me what are expected of me as your wife, Third. I agreed to marry you and so I need to be ready with all the duties and responsibilities that goes with it.”

Third commented, “That’s nice! I don’t want us to be like strangers, Iryn.”

Iryn agreed with him, “I understand, Third. Well we’ve known each other for so long. I think we’ll just get along just fine.”

Third approved such, “There is no doubt about it, Iryn. You know I care for you.”

Iryn acknowledged it, “Yeah, I am aware of that and I care for you as well.”

Third had accepted such, “I know.” He tried to be specific, “But we are not just the old friends we used to be. We are now husband and wife and I want to have children with you.”

She had suddenly swallowed her food and almost choked. He handed her the glass of water.

She drank. “I’m sorry for such.” She then addressed his previous statement, “About children, I am also aware of that, Third.”

“I guess Lola and Mama had already oriented you very well,” he then commented.

“Yeah,” she thriftily replied.

He then stated, “I’m planning to buy you your own car.”

She responded, “We got two more cars at the mansion. I really won’t need one. Basically, I will just accompany you, Lola and Mama.”