Epilogue

EPILOGUE

May 25, 2013. Saturday. It was just a few weeks after their second wedding anniversary when Veronica Grace Sotto was born through normal delivery in the morning. Once more Third was there as Iryn’s birth coach. It was the same date when they found out about their mutual love for one another.

Baby Aica looked like Iryn except for her nose and eye color which she got from Third. JM was already more than one year old.

They were able to go home during the night after her delivery. JM and Aica slept with them in their bed. JM didn’t feel any jealousy toward Baby Aica because they had shown him their love even if Baby Aica came. He was also feeding already on his bottle since he was six months old.

JM also had his own room already. He usually napped and played there during the day but he still liked the idea of sleeping with his parents during the evening. They had already hired a qualified caregiver to help Iryn in taking care of their two children.  

Lola Altagrasia and Mama Armida had remained well. They had continually taken their medications so as to prolong their lives and enjoy JM and Aica.

That night they talked about the future. JM and Aica were already comfortably sleeping snuggled on their chest. JM was around Third’s arms while Aica was around Iryn’s arms. A bolster pillow separated the two babies. Third  and Iryn were facing each other.

Third stated, “We now have a son and a daughter. I think they are enough. It pains me a lot whenever I get to see you experiencing labor pains.”

Iryn smiled and responded, “We can have more if you want. It might be painful giving birth to them but it always feels great and rewarding.”

He insisted, “They would be enough. We’ll go on with our contraception method. I’ll use condom whenever you’re on unsafe period. I also don’t want you to lose your beautiful body from more giving births. The two of them will be enough. That way our attention and love for them wouldn’t be much divided.”

“I understand, darling. Thank you for loving the three of us,” she appreciated his concern.

“We shall raise them well. Give them all the love. Teach them to be good individuals. Discipline them. Send them to the best schools. Let them reach for their dreams,” he elaborated.

“Yeah,” she was already sleepy.

“Sleep now, Mama,” he moved and reached for her face to kiss her lips. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” she replied.

There was no problem they couldn’t solve because they were together. She might just be a substitute bride two years ago but they both married for love. They had always thanked Kate for running away.