Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

Quiet Times

For a while, the days and months had passed without any more problems. Iryn had actively participated in all the activities of BWC. The other members still envied her for all the things that Third had provided for her but they had already accepted her as one of them except of course for Doña Karina and her friends.

Doña Karina still couldn’t seem to get over the idea of her being Third’s wife and not her beloved Kate even if Kate was already happily married to Erick.

When the first trimester of Iryn’s pregnancy ended, her morning sickness had stopped. Her sense of smell had gotten back to normal as well but she had weird cravings and mood swings.

One time Iryn cried like a baby and Third was at the house, they were then at the nursery. Third sat down the rocking chair and had Iryn seated on his lap. He embraced Iryn, had her head nestled on his shoulder, rubbed her back gently, caressed her tummy and assured her of his love as he rocked the chair.

“Third, I’m getting ugly and fat,” Iryn had said in her emotional outburst.

“You’re still very pretty and sexy, darling,” Third knew that such outburst was due to hormonal changes in her body. Nadine had actually given him a book for an expectant father. The book explained everything about pregnant women’s weird cravings, mood swings, emotional outbursts and more. The book also included tips on how an expectant father like him should cope.

“You’re just saying that coz you’re my husband,” Iryn countered.

He felt her tears seeping through his shirt. He wiped her tears with his hand caressing her tummy. He kissed her lips and said, “You’re the prettiest and sexiest pregnant woman I have ever seen. Your breasts are now much fuller. You also have this inner glow in your eyes. And you’re sexual urges are getting more frequent now that you’re pregnant. I love the changes, darling. And you perfectly knew that your hormones are at work that’s why you’re feeling low. Of course, you have gained weight because our son is growing here,” he touched and caressed her tummy again. They already knew that they were to have a son based from her latest ultrasound. “But you’re definitely not fat.”

“You won’t look for another woman,” she then asked.

“You’re the only one for me, darling. Even if you feel you’re ugly and fat, you’ll still be my only one. I love you and our baby. Always remember that. I will not do anything to lose your trust,” he assured her.

Their son suddenly moved inside her womb. He had felt it. She stated, “Baby JM kicks again.”

He smiled at her, “Yeah, I also felt it. Guess he wanted to say – Mama, you’re still pretty and sexy.” Third even changed his voice to somehow sound like a little boy.

She smiled and stopped sobbing already, “I love you.”

“I love you more, darling,” he replied and kissed her lips once more.

She then told him, “We might not be able to have sex for more than a month once I gave birth. Will you be able to handle it?”

Third assured her, “Darling, I’m not a sex maniac. I can live without sex for months. There is always a way for me to have a release. But I will definitely not seek other woman’s bed.”

Iryn reiterated, “But you said you hadn’t been faithful to Kate.”

Third told her, “I wasn’t married to Kate at that time yet and you knew our relationship was not the typical one. You’re my wife. I will not do anything to lose your trust, darling. I love you very much.”