Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

His Ex-Bride

They had gone to Erick’s fine dining restaurant called Borlunni’s Finest. The one in the town proper of Matra was just one of his many restaurants.

Kate was already two months pregnant. Her baby bump was already noticeable.

Kate and Iryn might not be the best of friends but they were close.

“It’s good to finally see you again, Iryn,” Kate hugged her as soon as they entered the restaurant.

After the pleasantries, they all sat down at a table where the chef had personally cooked the food in front of them.

They talked.

Kate expressed her gratitude towards Iryn, “Thanks for bringing about DNA test, Iryn. That had worried Papa so much.”

Iryn responded, “Third told me about everything. We were both worried about you.”

Kate stated, “You’re reputation had been marred just because of my parents’ foolishness. I’m sorry about that.”

Iryn said, “It’s okay. Let’s just forget about it. We also have something to be thankful of you. If you didn’t break up with Third, we might not have discovered our feelings for one another.”

Kate imparted, “You’re very much aware that our relationship was not ordinary. I just felt that I wasn’t the right wife material for a Sotto man. My parents had wicked plans as well. It was both unfair for Third and I to be in a loveless marriage. And my parents were just after the money that Third can provide to save our family business.”

Iryn then changed their topic, “I understand. So, when is the wedding?”

Kate answered happily, “In two weeks. I hope the two of you could come.”

Third butted in, “I think it won’t be a good idea, Kate. Your parents hated us. I also don’t want to hear other people making snide comments about my wife. She had enough this morning at the Borlunni Women’s Club's brunch.”

Kate apologized, “I’m sorry to hear that. I’m sure Mama had a hand on this. Iryn, I’m sorry that you have to suffer because of me.”

Iryn assured her, “Don’t worry much about it. I wasn’t only the object of the snide comments but you as well.”     

Erick butted in as well, “That’s why I’m not letting her attend any social gathering for now. I don’t want her to be upset. Upset mommy will mean upset baby as well.”

Third then construed, “Maybe I should also do that. Upset wife will mean upset husband as well.”

Iryn pinched Third on his waist.

Third had exclaimed, “Ouch! Darling, it hurts.”

They all laughed.

Kate commented, “I have never seen Third this happy before when we were still together. I’m glad he has you when we broke up, Iryn.”

Third commented as well, “I also have not seen you this happy before when we were still together, Kate. Erick is doing a great job loving you.”

Erick put in, “I even got jailed because of her.”

Kate pinched Erick on his side.

Erick shouted, “That hurts, babe!”

They all laughed.