VIII.

Another morning rolled in. Her hands dragged through the air by her sides. She had forgotten her gloves. All week, she had not seen Draco once. Maybe he was avoiding her. Or maybe she wasn't looking hard enough.

But at 9 in the morning, in the Great Hall where other students seemed to be only trickling in, she spotted him sitting alone drawing in a parchment book with the personalised quill she had gotten him for Christmas last year, completely oblivious of everything around him.

So she got up, straightened out her robes and went over to him. She sat next to him for a while before he realised that she was there and he gave her a sad smile when he did. She timidly grabbed the quill from his hand and the journal to see that he had been sketching the back of her head the whole time. She flipped to one of the back pages before writing: "I've missed you." and showed it to him.

He took it back and wrote, "I've been away all week on some personal errands for my dad." He smiled lightly at her an set the pen down before he slid it back to her.

She put her hand upon his underneath the table and squeezed it gently, careful not to graze the scar he hadn't mentioned. He leaned forward and swiftly captured her lips in his when he noticed what she was looking at. He placed his hand lightly onto the side of her face and grazed her earlobes with his cold fingers. He pulled back and smiled softly.

He kissed both her hands and took them in his. He went to look back up at her face but his eyes got caught on something at the doors and when she turned her head to see he quickly grabbed her face and kissed her again, shoving his tongue into her mouth. She pressed her fingers into his shoulders before wrapping her arms around his shoulders, mind wandering to what was so frightening by the door that he had to turn her away so frantically. When he finally pulled away from her is when she realised that she needed to breath and she indeed did let out a shaky breath.

Draco chuckled, "You taste like green apples and honey." He pecked her on the lips. "I just wanna kiss you forever."  

You're doing so well. Just a little longer and I'll set you free.

The piercing voice in her head made her rip away from Draco and clutch her head in pain. She was running out time.