Chapter 5: The Bet

-Savannah POV-

I made it to Ms.Boris English class two minutes before the bell rang. I took my seat next to Devante but the teachers call him by his real name, Donald. He doesn't talk to me unless he has to but hes still talking. I've had a crush on this boy since I can remember and he won't even give me the time of day!! I mean I'm not ugly but I guess its because I'm not known.

"So class we have an essay to do" Ms.Boris announced sitting on the front of her desk with a stack of papers.

The whole class including me groaned not wanting another essay.

"You'll like this one, I promise" she said. "I'm going to pair you up with people your not use to. The assignment is for you to get to know your partner" she said standing up to hand out the papers.

I turned my head to the right to look at Jade. "Hopefully I get you" I whispered to her.

"For real" she whispered back.  Ms.Boris packet landed on my desk and then Jade's.

Ms.Boris made her way back to her desk sitting in front of it again. She picked up the paper from her desk and started reading off a couple of names.

"Savannah and Donald" she said. I nearly choked off of saliva.

"Who's Savannah" Devante asked and some people in the class chuckled.

"I'm Savannah, Savannah Carter." I said with a little attitude.

He turned his head to the right looking at me up and down. "Oh" he said then looking at Ms.Boris.

"Jade and Steven" she called out.

Steven is a cute brown skin brother. He has hazel eyes and a nice smile. Jade has a thing for him.

"Looks like we both got hotties" she said winking at me.

"At least yours know who you are" I said rolling my eyes.

"This assignment is due in two weeks class. It is worth fifty percent of your grade" Ms.Boris said sitting down in her seat.

"Great now I have to spend two weeks with someone that doesn't know my name" I said annoyed.

"Maybe it'll change once y'all get to know each other" Jade said shrugging.

"Doubt it" I said highly pessimistic.

The bell rang 20 minutes later and stuffed my papers into my bag. I zipped it closed standing up walking over to the door with Jade. We walked out of the classroom and headed for our lockers.

"You have P.E. now right" I asked her.

"Yup and how are you two like three lockers away but y'all don't talk" she asked shaking her head.

"I don't know but its good I guess" I said grabbing my history book.

"Ooooh I see my future husband" she said grabbing my left arm.

I turned around to see DeVante and the rest of Jodeci standing by his locker. They're talking about something but I can't hear because of all the noise in the hallway.

"If you and K-Ci end up together that means DeVante is gonna change and be mines" we both laughed.

"Seriously though, you never know" she said getting off of me and shrugging.

We turned around facing the lockers and started talking about something else.

-DeVante POV-

"I have an idea" K-Ci said.

"You always got a damn idea son" I said.

"Nah you might like this one" he said.

"What is it" Dalvin said.

"Lets have a bet" K-Ci said.

"Nah I'm not with it" JoJo said.

"You ain't even hear the damn bet yet" K-Ci said and we laughed a little.

"So what's the bet" Dalvin asked fixing his pants in his boots.

"I bet one hundred  dollars that none of y'all can sleep with one of those girls and you have two weeks to do it" he said pointing to four girls talking three lockers down.

"I'm in" Dalvin said taking one hundred dollars out of his left sock.

"Me too" I said. "I'm out but I have another bet. If y'all don't sleep with them then I keep the money" JoJo said.

"Deal" we said and K-Ci handed him the money and I handed him a $100 bill.

"Y'all gon' lose and y'all have no respect for women" JoJo said shaking his head.

"A bet is a bet and y'all know I'm always down for a challenge" I said leaning against my locker.

"Me too but I want shorty with the shorts" Dalvin said licking his lips.

"I want Jade that's my gym partner. She real flexable" K-Ci said biting his lip.

"So who you want D" JoJo asked.

"I guess I'll take that girl I have an assignment with" I said shrugging.

"Good because I want Monae" Jojo said putting the money in his coat pocket.

"Then its settled" Dalvin said and the bell rang.

"I'ma see y'all later" I said grabbing my back pack and jogging to my next class before the bell rings.