xi.

Hey!! Sorry, I wasn't able to update for a long time and I only had this short update today. I'm really quite busy at the moment. I even have an early event to attend later (since its already 3 am. HAHAHA) in our neighbouring university.  Anyway, thank you for everyone for voting and commenting in the previous chapters, and for making this story reached its 1K reads, I really appreciate it. I hope you're liking the story so far! Thank you for dropping by! Will edit later..

xoxo, Ames

#ALDUBMaineEvent ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________

xi.

LAGUNA, 2031

The twins are already snoring quietly at the backseat and Maine is pretending to be asleep as well. She'd rather sleep than talk to her ex-husband. It's not that she hasn't moved on from what happened 11 years ago but she doesn't know what to say. She felt like she was back to her 20 year-old self when they had their first photoshoot together for their first movie. She doesn't know what to do or say.

"Maine, we're here na." Alden tried to wake up the mother of his children. Maine slowly opened her eyes, she doesn't want Alden to touch her. She looked outside and he's right, it's their house in Nuvali.

"Darlings, wake up na." Alden then turned to the backseat to wake up his daughters.

"5 minutes more Dad." Both of them murmured. Maine just giggled and Alden just chuckled.

I never imagined a day would come like this.

Both of them thought at the same time.

"C'mon Sweeties you can continue your nap in your bedroom." Maine said before going out the car. She opened the door in the back seat to get the twins.

"C'mon." She said. The twins started to get out the car, still half-asleep. The first one is already walking towards the door and the other just clings to Maine's waist. Maine caressed her daughter's hair and asked.

"Rio dear?" She tried, maybe one of the twins will tell their identities unconsciously.

"Yes, mommy." Maine smiled triumphantly.

"Hey, I'm Rio!" Her other daughter said by the door.

"Don't try your luck yet, they're both stubborn like their mother." Alden whispered the last part. He was behind them carrying their suitcases.

"What did you say?"

"Wala, pasok na tayo." Alden said.

Lolo Richard and Manang Bebeng welcomed the family. Both of them are misty-eyed that Maine is finally back home.